t h i r t y - o n e

Jungkook

"Sleep in my bed, only then I'll eat."

She gives me a cold stare and leaves the food on the side table in my bedroom.

"Please, Angel." I plead but she closes the blinds and places my medicines on the side table.

Bam rushes inside and attempts to jump on me because he hasn't seen me for days. "Bam! Sit!"

Bam was here during the nights protecting my Angel, the other time he was with either Taehyung or Jimin.

Bam kneels and pants with happiness, "Bam! Daddy missed you." I pat his head and rub behind his ears.

Y/n stares at me and utters, "Bam missed Daddy too."

I catch the hidden pain behind that sentence, her indirect way of telling me that she missed me as well.

"Not more than me."

Y/n scoffs at me. She takes her plate and starts walking out, obviously planning to have dinner alone in her bedroom.

"Fine, you don't have to sleep here. Just have dinner with me."

She gives me one agitated look and climbs the bed, placing her plate on the lap, she digs in.

I watch her eating, her cheeks full and my chest fills with warmth that she's healthy and she's breathing.

...and at this moment, I don't want anything else.

She keeps glancing my way between bites and I wonder if she wants to say something but then she places two pieces of meat from her plate into mine and goes back to eating.

A smile curves my mouth knowing how much she cares for me.

Y/n scoops more rice into my plate and removes the pieces of broccoli, and I take it that she's observant because I never ate broccoli.

I love this comfortable silence of ours. Her silence over her absence. I can't live for mere seconds without her.

After our silent dinner, she leaves me all alone, once again, and...

I decided this charade can't keep going on for so long. I have to do something to win her over.

Y/n

"...a what?!" My blood pressure shoots up at once.

"A Sponge bath, Mrs Jeon," The nurse gets startled by my sudden outburst. "Cleaning the patient's upper body with mild soap to remove discomfort and possible infections."

"I know what it means." Of course, I heard her, the first time but I will not let another woman give my husband a bed bath in this fcking room.

She is standing beside the bed with a trolley full of supplies. I find Jungkook watching both of us in amusement with a little smirk on his face.

"Angel, wait outside for a while, please." He smiles sweetly at me and dismisses me as if I will let her put her hands on him.

"I will give him a sponge bath, please wait outside," I utter with my teeth clenched to the nurse with utmost politeness, forcing a smile on my face.

Jungkook's eyes gleamed with satisfaction, somehow making me wonder if this was his plan all along to make me bathe him or to make me jealous.

I shrug off the thoughts prickling my insides because I can't fathom a woman touching him all over his body.

Once she leaves, I go through the supplies and watch Jungkook smiling widely. "Do you even know how to give a sponge bath?"

"Bam! Please tell Daddy to shut his mouth." Bam woofs at my command.