t w e n t y - f o u r

Jungkook

I hold her tight against me and she finally stops walking away from me.

"Do not run away from me," I murmured against her neck, "Please."

Fck, I fucked up. I upset her when I had no such intentions and I have no fcking clue what Lilah told her.

"Let go of me, Jungkook."

"Let me explain, my little bear." Her breath quickens and she finally stops wriggling.

So I kiss her neck and her muscles tense. Her body molds perfectly into mine as her back is pressed to my front. She grabs hold of both of my arms hugging her waist and melts into my kiss.

I kiss the spot where her neck and shoulder meet. I always wanted to do it since I saw her wearing the necklace I gave to her for our wedding.

I turn her around and look into her shiny teary eyes. Fck. The fact that I caused her tears, tears me from the inside.

"Angel," I cup her cheeks. "I'm sorry. You are misunderstanding everything. Let me explain, okay?"

"You've treated me like a child and like Bam." Her voice breaks while talking.

"I never intended to, Angel. I care for you so much that I'm scared that I'll hurt you."

I hold her hand and take her inside our mansion out of Wolf's reach because I want to settle matters now.

As soon as I shut the main door, I pin her against it, caging her. Bam woofs and wiggles at my feet, "Bam! House!"

He never leaves, so I let him be.

"Angel. What I meant to say is...War is coming."

Not something she is oblivious to. But she has to be prepared, mentally and physically.

"What?"

"You are the only heir to the Lee Family. Some families like ours, work with your grandfather, and many works against us now. What I meant is that in a few weeks or days, people will be at your doorstep to make deals with you and I want you to become capable of making decisions and be assertive and ruthless with other mafia men. I don't want you to innocently trust everyone, people in our world, generally, stab from the back. So I want you to be stronger without faltering because my wife is a fcking queen."

I don't know what is going through her head. Fck, did I scare her again by mentioning the war? Doesn't matter even if I did, I want her to be stronger.

"Angel, about earlier, I'm so grateful that you trust me. I should have shown you my happiness but instead, I was worried about you. About our future."

"Have some trust in me, Jungkook. I'm not as innocent as you think I am. I have seen worse when I lived with my dad. I have lost trust in everything, even in life because you never know when death will knock on your doorstep. So, I am not oblivious to this world." She tucks my collar and pulls me closer...

"I feel like I have a new life now, which feels like a normal life I always imagined if I weren't born into the Mafia. I love this life. It feels so domestic, so peaceful and it's all because of you. You have given me so much in these past few days, that is why I..."

"Say it."

"I won't now."

I groan in regret and frustration, "Have I lost your trust then?"

"No, I'm just upset with you." Her head dips under my arm and she gets out of my cage.

Bam follows her, I'm telling you he's a traitor and I hate it when she walks away from me.