n i n e

Y/n

I tried okay! I really did. When Maria mentioned that Jungkook's favorite food is Italian and that is the reason for all kinds of spaghetti and pasta being stocked up in the fridge, I immediately knew what I had to do to return the favor.

He cooked for me before leaving for work and I cooked for him, so he'd have it once he got home after a tiring day.

Except that my plan backfired.

I tried cooking chicken lasagna after carefully noting down Miss Min's recipe in my journal. And then I messed up with the timing of the oven and smoke filled the house.

The fire alarms set off and in less than a minute, three guards barged into our mansion.

"Mrs Jeon" A guard rushed into the kitchen and eyes the smoke coming out of the oven. "I guess that is the reason for, well it is not on fire." 

I swear he is trying not to laugh at me. "Step aside Mrs Jeon, I'll take care of it." Another guard rushed past me towards the oven.

The first guard, who almost laughed at me, received a phone call. "Boss… it is a minor kitchen accident… I…yes…she is safe…ok…sure boss."

Oh no. No. No. No. It was Jungkook on the phone and now he'll get mad at me for almost burning down his house on the very first day.

"Boss will be here in ten minutes and we'll send maids to take care of the mess. Please rest Mrs Jeon."

No. What did I do? I wished for a peaceful dinner with Jungkook after waiting for him all day long and now he'll get home and probably be irritated by me because now he has to tolerate me in his private space. Noooo. Oh, God.

As the maids arrive and take the black burnt oven tray out of it, they start scrubbing the interior. I rush towards them and start cleaning some of it myself too.

"Mrs Jeon, please…this is not your job." A maid said.

"No. I'm responsible for this. It is only fair for me to clean it up. I'm so sorry to put extra work on you guys." I ramble and scrub the oven tray harder after throwing the burnt food into the trash. 

"Please, Mrs Jeon….Mr Jeon will be angry with us if he sees you working…"

"Y/n" Jungkook shouts from the foyer rushing inside the house. Oh no, he is so mad.

"I'm so sorry, Jungkook. I'll clean all of it, I promise and I'll deal with all the burnt smell too…"

He holds my wet soapy hands and checks for injuries, "Are you okay?" His brows are furrowed in concern as his side body is angled into mine.

"Huh?"

"Are you hurt, Angel?"

"No Jungkook. I wanted to cook for you and it all happened so suddenly, I'm so…"

"You wanted to cook for me?" He cut my words.

I just nod in confusion because he seems rather amused and not irritated by the mess. 

"Come with me and stop scrubbing." He washes both my palms under the tap with his palms. 

"Come…" We take a seat on the couch while the maids clean up the mess. 

I face him with guilt, "I'm sorry." I honestly have no words to say. "I made a mess of your kitchen."

"Our. Kitchen."

"Huh?"

"I said OUR kitchen." He grins and gently squeezes my palms "You wanted to cook for me?"

"Yeah. Well, now it is…"