t w e n t y 💋

Y/n

I never cried in front of Jungkook until this night. My mama told me to hide my weaknesses but ever since we got married that is the only part of me he has seen.

I hate myself for it. I hate myself for not being the strong woman Jungkook deserves as his life partner.

All my life I have wanted someone to protect me, to relieve me from that hellhole. Jungkook is my escape into this beautiful life he has given me.

When Jungkook can be my saviour, I can try to be the woman he deserves. I have to be capable of him. I have to let go of my fears, my past, and everything that triggers me.

I have to find new peace in this new life without the demons of my past haunting me.

I have to become a new me.
For Jungkook.
For us.

All these unconscious thoughts running in my mind pull me out of my slumber, I feel like I'm inside a cloud. It's so soft, yet dark. When I toss on my back, I feel a steel grip tightened around my waist.

I jerk internally and snap open my eyes and feel Jungkook cuddling me. I touch his shoulder only to find that he is shirtless and I'm...well...

It's so dark and I'm not able to see anything. So I use my left hand to feel what I'm wearing. A. Fcking. Bikini. Oh. No.

After the panic attack I had in the bathroom, Jungkook tucked me into bed. No, I dashed into naked-Jungkook's shower. What was I thinking? Clearly, I wasn't thinking.

I try to sneak out like I did the past two nights except his arm wasn't wrapped around me then. When I carefully lift his forearm off my waist, his eyes snap open, brows scrunch, "Where are you going?"

Statue. I sit upright on the bed, "Umm. Back to my room?"

"You are not going anywhere." He tugs my waist and slides me down on the bed. "You have a high fever."

Do I, now? The back of my palm touches my hot forehead. Fever it is. Here I thought I was feeling hot because of shirtless Jungkook.

"I can't let out of my sight, Angel." He mumbles in a deep voice. "Let me cuddle you."

My bikini is wet. It feels itchy and uncomfortable. I want to go to my room and change.

"You don't have to cuddle me. I can sleep in my room."

I want to get out of here. I'm consciously aware of Jungkook's naked chest touching my side and goosebumps erupting on my skin.

"What if I am the one who needs cuddles?" He turns to me on the side, facing him, "Would you leave me alone?"

Never.
I'd never leave the only person who has ever taken my side.

"No..." but I'm half-naked.

Jungkook feels my uncomfortable squirming, "I'll only hold you with an arm. No more touching, Angel."

Touching. Oh, I completely forgot about the promise because everything Jungkook does feels natural.

But it isn't about cuddling. "Umm. My clothes are wet." To begin with, a bikini doesn't count as clothes.

"Shit. I completely forgot about it." He dashes out of the bed to the closet, thank god he has a boxer on.

Jungkook comes back with a black sweatshirt, "You can wear this...I'm sorry, it completely slipped out of my mind."

"It's okay..." I sit on the bed, take the black sweatshirt from him and clutch it to my chest. Taking the cue, Jungkook turns away, giving his back to me.