f i f t y - s i x

Y/n

I'm in Min Yoongi’s limo getting my wounds treated by a doctor. We are still at the port as all the women are being rescued from here by his men.

His gaze zeroes on my cuts on the hands and his jaw clenches when I hiss in pain. He claimed to be my brother, which is completely absurd.

But I know that mafia men are anything but absurd. They are strategic, calculated people. They don't do anything without an ulterior motive.

“You can ask whatever you want.” He murmurs.

I'm suddenly blinking at him, realising all of it is not in my head.

“Are you my…my…?” Why the fuck am I hesitating?

“Yes. We share the same mother.”

Your whore of a mother deserved it for cheating on me!

It can't be true but I can't unsee the reality. I thought my mother would never cheat but she did.

“I don't understand. She never told me that I had a brother.”

His expression is pained,

“Our mother was promised to your dad but she had eloped from home with my dad and I was born. But a couple of years later her family found her and dragged her back to hell, married her off as promised.

After you were born, he found out about her love for my dad, so he started torturing her, physically abusing her and when he found that she had a son…”, he pauses “...he killed her. It wasn't ovarian cancer.”

My eyes well with tears remembering how my mom was tortured her entire life and then brutally killed.

“I swore to kill that bastard but he faked his death. You got married into a good mafia family and I was really happy for you until I found out about this trafficking and the person behind it. You always had me, Y/n. I was always watching your back.”

A sob rips out of my chest, I cry loudly, shivering, my heart pains, it pains to know how different life could have been.

All my childhood traumas, fears all because of one person who destroyed me and my mom.

“Why didn't your dad try to save mom from an abusive marriage?”

“He did,” my brother says in a choked voice. “and he was killed.”

I gasp as my hand flies to my mouth, I cry more for my brother’s loss. How did he feel when my dad killed both of his parents? How was life for him?

Yoongi comes and sits beside me. He gently pulls me into a hug and for the life of me, I break down terribly, shivering and wailing like a child who lost everything.

“But I'm here for you and for mom. I'm here to avenge her pain, her silent whispers of pleas, each and every bruise on her body and soul over the years.” He promises in a vengeful tone. “I will make him wish he was never born.”

I nod my head multiple times, and hug him tightly knowing that I have my brother, my only family now.

Jungkook

My head is pounding as I hear people murmuring in the distance. Fuck, I can’t move a limb. It's like my body has been frozen for weeks.

Shooting pain  radiates through my shoulder and I groan in pain.

“Looks like he is awake. Doctor Wang, check on Jungkook right now.” An unfamiliar voice rushes around in the room.

I blink open to acclimatize to my surroundings. Being sure that I’m not locked up in a basement, my eyes land on Jung Hoseok and the doctor who just rushed in.