t w e n t y - s i x

Jungkook

Not one phone call, not even a single message. I squeeze the phone in my hand wanting to crush it. I miss her so fcking much.

Y/n wants time to figure out things, I'm fine. But she wants space? Hell, I'm not okay with that.

"What was she doing in your mansion?" Jimin pries once again.

Ever since Lia left Taehyung's mansion, my hyungs have been teasing the hell out of him. But Taehyung is Taehyung, he doesn't spill beans. Not even one.

"None of your business," he keeps typing something on his laptop without sparing a glance at anyone.

"Oh come on!!!" Jimin whines.

"I don't want you offering drinks to her," Tae warns Jimin, "...and keep your hands off my-", he clears his throat, "keep your hands off her."

I sigh deeply. I am so done at this point. Tae has never been this skeptical about a woman, when he wants a woman, he gets her, fcks her, and then done. Sometimes we shared women too.

But now I can't fool around, because my 'everything' goes to only one woman who has been pushing me away for two days.

"What is that?" I ask when I spot a tracking map on Tae's screen.

"Nothing," Tae mutters.

Whom is he tracking?

Whatever, I have enough issues to deal with, already. "Jimin, any news from our informer?"

"You and I are to meet him at Rkive, this afternoon."

Y/n

So, this is the payment Jungkook has taken to protect me? To make me feel loved?

Poppy is showing signs of recovery, he was conscious for a minute this morning and then passed out again. Even a slight hope makes me relieved. I want him back, healthy.

But I have questions, lots of them. For starters, how much did Poppy trust him that he gave off his entire hard-earned empire to a stranger? To the enemy.

"Princess..." my head snaps when Poppy whispers in a weak voice.

"Poppy!" I jump to my feet and run to him, "Poppy, can you see me?"

He only blinks. "Wait, I'll call the doctor."

Oh god, I don't want him to pass out again, the doctor rushes and checks his vitals. Poppy is blinking and breathing, after a ten-minute check-up later, the doctor says, "He is stable now, lungs are picking up too. Just make him quit smoking."

"Thanks, doctor." After the doctor leaves, I lean forward, "Poppy...you gave me a heart attack."

He lets out a breathy chuckle which makes me feel lively. I felt dead seeing him lay unconscious for two days. "Sorry, Princess."

I held his palm in mine, "I was so scared, I thought I lost you."

"Seems like I have some more time, Princess."

"You have a lot of time, don't say that," I hold back my tears, "I will not leave you alone."

"I missed you, Princess. I was scared that I'd die without seeing you, one last time."

"No. Don't say that." Tears finally stream down, "Never..." I kiss his palm and press to my cheek. "I love you, Poppy. Please don't leave me. I have no one except you..."

He smiles, "You now have Jungkook. I have no worries."

Do I have Jungkook? Yes, I do, he'll protect me out of sheer loyalty. He made a vow to my Poppy. But will he love me?