f i f t y - f o u r

Y/n

I wake up in a dark room, my arms and legs tied to a chair. I struggle to yank out of the tight grip hold and fail. My head hurts and I feel dizzy.

Tears fall down my cheeks remembering Fox. I saw him getting shot in the head.

I yank my hands again but no use, I shout. "Who the hell are you? What do you want?!!!"

Footsteps echo down the hallway and the metal door of this room flies open, revealing...Lilah.

"Look who is finally awake!" she laughs evilly, and I flinch when she draws her gun out, "Don't worry, you are no use to me dead."

"What does that mean? What do you want?"

"Aww, you are looking exactly how I wanted you to. Terror-stricken, featherless bird. So helpless!"

You are my angel, who flies with her wings wide open with freedom.

My demeanor changes when Jungkook's words echo in my mind, and I will not let this sick woman have such satisfaction.

I chin up and glare at her, "Is that how badly you want my husband? Do you really think he'll let you live after this?"

She laughs throwing her head back. "I don't want your husband."

"Then why am I here? What do you want???" I scream losing my calm composure.

"Everything else!"

I cannot comprehend her evil intentions for all I know, she is a gold-digger and would go to great lengths for a luxurious life.

"Let me go, I will give you whatever you want."

Lilah takes a seat on the chair in front of me, "You have no idea, do you?"

I frown in confusion and before I can further beg her, I hear footsteps down the hallway and a man comes into light.

It takes me a few seconds to realise who he is and my body paralyses because I am seeing a ghost.

"You...? Who are you? This can't be real, you can't be real," I'm shaking, shivering, and trying to clear my brain fog.

"I am real, my dear princess." The man who frequents my nightmares stands right in front of me and for the life of me, I can't tell if this is a dream or my current reality.

That voice.
That tobacco smell.
Those eyes, everything is the same.

"Enjoyed your life a little too much thinking I was dead right?"

I look at Lilah, expecting that she will tell me all of this is a lie but she is only smiling in victory, smiling at my helplessness.

"H-how?"

"As you can see, I'm healthily alive," he pulls Lilah out of the chair, takes a seat on it himself, and then pulls her back onto his lap.

I stare at them in disbelief thinking this is a sick joke but it isn't.

"You were dead. The funeral..."

My dad laughs, "Let me put you out of your misery. You can't even put a few words in a sentence in front of me and you went on to conquer the empire I built by working my ass off?"

I shake my head.

"How pathetic," his gaze of disgust pins me deeper into the chair, "I had no problem when you got married, I was happy that I wouldn't have to pass down my wealth to anyone but then my sick father had to give it all to my dearest son-in-law."

I can see the real intentions through my tears. I close my eyes and pray for Jungkook to come here.

"Powerful man, you chose." My dad stands up, pulling his gun out, "that is why I don't have much time. I kill you now and all the agreements made in the name of your marriage will stand null and void."

I shake my head because words get stuck in my throat and I have no limb to tell him that Jungkook doesn't own a penny because he never signed the agreement made by my grandfather.

"No, please!" I cry and shiver.

My dad caresses my face with his meaty hands and bile rushes up my throat. I scurry away from him but he only laughs, "Delicate," he chimes, "maybe I can fake your death as well and sell you to the head of the Russian mafia as an exclusive gift."

He steps back and looks up at the ceiling, laughing, "Wow, I'm such a genius."

"NO!", I cry out, "Please, I beg you. Let me go, please. You can have all the money you want. Just let me go."

A phone rings loudly in this dark basement, my dad pulls it out of his pocket and answers it, he listens for a while and smirks.

"Your husband is dead, little princess."

He laughs at my shocked scream, "I will sell you soon and nothing will stand in my way now."

Into The Shadows 🖤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें