t h i r t y - f o u r

Y/n

One month later.

Maria is eight months pregnant. She loves floating in the pool more than teasing and pranking Joon nowadays. She says that Joon is so intelligent that he pretends to get fooled for the sake of her happiness and that is why pranking just got boring.

…and to keep her company, I float and swim with her too.

"Where's Jungkook?" Maria asks, "I haven't seen him in two days."

Me neither.

A pang of loneliness that I've been feeling for two days and three nights bubbles back into me. "I don't know, Maria. He updated me that he's absolutely safe but I don't know his whereabouts nor when he'll be back."

Maria's eyes soften, "I can totally relate, Y/n. Joon once was gone for two weeks. His absence felt like I was walking on flames."

I feel the same. Being a powerful mafia comes with its fair share of baggage. All I'm concerned about is the safety of my husband.

Being a mafia wife, the anxiety about whether your husband is safe or not comes in the package deal.

"Look at those love marks adorning your neck," she teases me to lighten my mood. Best friend I could have ever asked for. "I take it you both are in action."

"Maria!!! There's not much action," I further explain to dissolve her confused frown, "The doctor refrained him from intense physical activities, especially if it involves heavy breathing."

Maria smirks at that. "I'm glad he recovered well."

Jungkook had minor internal bleeding the next morning after we confessed our love to each other. My heart clenched in trepidation when I rushed him to the hospital after he passed out.

That is when I found that instead of being in the hospital for two weeks for complete recovery, Jungkook had rushed to me the moment he woke up.

And just like that, my love for him increased tenfold, exponentially. So I made him stay in the hospital for almost ten days and never left his side.

Then we were back home and I tried my best not to let him indulge in any physical activities, especially ones that involved me. I wore baggy clothes not to tease him and I didn't flirt back with him, no matter how much he tried.

No matter how much he begged.
For me, his health mattered over anything else.

Now that he is completely fine, he is gone.
To work.

"I'm grateful too but Jungkook just flew away once the doctor gave him a green signal."

"He rested for a month, that was so patient of him." Maria laughs.

"I totally agree." The sun has set. I hope my husband comes back soon, I cannot spend another restless sleepless night worrying about his safety. Come back, Kook. Please.

"Don't think much into it, Y/n. Taehyung is with them, they aren't alone. I'll ask Joon to find out when they'll be back, okay?"

"Thanks Maria…"

Jungkook

"I don't think it was Yoongi who tried to kill Jungkook."

"Why do you always defend him?" Taehyung scowls at Jimin who couldn't find any evidence against Yoongi or anyone for that matter.

Someone tried to kill me and we have no fcking idea who was behind the attack.

"I'm not defending him." Jimin barks. "Why would he want to kill Jungkook or any one of us when everything between us has been platonic for about ten years now? I just don't find any reason for him to attack us."

That. He's right. Yoongi has been our ally for ten years now.

"Maybe it wasn't Jungkook he tried to attack?" Namjoon pries.

My ears perk up at this inference. "What do you mean?"

"Maybe he attacked Y/n," Namjoon concludes. "The Lees were responsible for his mother's death."

How did that bit of info slip my mind?

Because 'the Lee' I want to take up with, is your wife now.

Take care of your wife. Don't tell me that I didn't warn you.

Realization dawns on me. "I'm going to fcking kill him with my bare hands."

"Jungkook, no…" Joon tries to stop me but I'm already out of our sanctum rushing towards my car.

You fck with me, I'll kill you.
You fck with the love of my life, I'll fcking annihilate you.

I step on the gas and skim through the streets of Seoul, from the outskirts to Yoongi's villa. I made a few calls and dug out his current location.

Destruction is pulsing through my goddamn veins. Yoongi. Fcking bastard.

There were many a million instances when I wanted to watch his blood drip out of his throat after I made art with my hand knife.

And today is the day my fcking wishes come true because I got a goddamn reason to kill him.

My car gets halted before the huge gates of his villa. This isn't my first time here. The guards at the security port recognized me and made a call.

Two minutes later, I'm in.

Yoongi, you invited your death into your house.

I smirk and get onto the driveway, waltzing my way to him. Yoongi is standing at the entrance of his villa, smirking. Bastard.

I pull out my Heckler & Koch and point it directly between his brows.

He laughs, making my blood churn, "To what do I owe this pleasure, Black Shadow?"

His men gather around me, pulling their guns out but Yoongi holds a palm in the air, stopping them.

This fcker is definitely enjoying this.

I pressed the barrel against his forehead, "I didn't take you for a pussy. You attacked me and my wife. A woman. Is that how you fcking take revenge?"

He laughs again. This man. I'm going to peel that smile off his face.

"Who said I did anything? If I wanted to blow your brains out I'd be present there, training my barrel right against your heart."

"Do not deny it, Yoongi. I know how my wife's dad was responsible for your mom's death."

The smile on his face disappeared. It got replaced with something feral. Something that screamed revenge.

Joon and Tae run toward me. "Jungkook, drop the gun."

Not until I put a bullet through his skull.

Yoongi sighs lazily. "I will settle my revenge debt, but not with your wife. It sucks how you couldn't protect her. Imagine, if it were her who got shot instead of you."

"Yoongi!" I growl at him but he only smirks.

"Told ya to be careful," Yoongi dismisses his men to leave. "Anyways, I got some strippers inside. You guys want an 'in'?"

.
.
🤍
aurie.