t w e n t y - t h r e e

Y/n

Maria said if we like something and don't have the money to buy it, we just add it to the cart, intending to buy it on a future date.

Similarly, when you like someone and are not sure about their feelings, you just have to make effort intending that, that someone will like you back.

That is what I'm doing now, making an effort for Jungkook to like me back.

I don't know what Jungkook sees me as! But I definitely don't want him to see me the way he sees Bam.

I want to be more.
I want to be special to him.

Maria called and said that she picked up a black dress for me for tonight's party. I specially told her it shouldn't be a revealing one because I don't want Jungkook to think that I'm trying to seduce him.

But as soon as my dress arrived, I sighed in defeat. Maria is Maria and I cannot win against her.

The Black dress she sent to me, is a decent body-hugging silk dress up to knee length. It doesn't have any thigh slits either.

The problem is with the bodice. The back of the dress has many threads which have to be tied properly to hold the front in place.

Thank god, it has cups and I don't have to wear a bra. I head to the salon at the Central Mansion to get ready with Maria. This estate has everything. You name it and it is here.

Fox and Maria's guard Spider are standing on guard outside the salon room. I walk in and find Maria with two stylists.

"Mrs Jeon, please sit here." A stylist pulls out a chair beside Maria.

I sit down and glance at her through the mirror, "What is the reason for this extravagant makeover when it is just a house party? And it will be only us."

She laughs, "You have no idea how the Kim Family likes to spend their money. Just wait and watch, babe."

🐇

I'm stunned into silence. I don't think I can be any more amused than I am right now. As Maria and I descend the huge staircase that is in the middle of the Central Mansion, I take in the full room. Filled with food trolleys, drinks, and side tables with card games on them.

Joon stands at the end of the staircase probably worrying Maria would trip. When we reach the hall, he takes her hand and complains, "Why are you wearing those heels?"

He kneels in front of her on a knee, takes her leg, and puts it on his thigh to undo her heel straps. "Why do you give me little heart attacks, Maria?"

Maria gasps in disbelief, "Did you just call me by my name? What happened to 'Baby'? Are you so mad at me that you called me by my name? Even after I put in the effort to look beautiful for you?"

God, Maria is on the verge of tears. I can see the mood swings getting the best of her. Joon tries to calm her down, he apologizes continuously, takes off her heels, and carries her, "I'm so sorry, Baby. I was just worried about you. You look so beautiful, Baby..."

I stand there watching the couple in awe. Is that how love feels like? Like you have the right to complain and whine and pout? Like you can demand more love?

Because when I was younger, I realized that tantrums won't help much. My dad hated it when I whined, he didn't give me the attention and love I needed so desperately.

So I stopped whining.
I stopped asking for things.
I stopped seeking love.

"Hey, Angel." Jungkook shakes my arm gently until I look at him, "I have been calling you, where are you lost?"