ksjsn

Main Content
Archive of Our Own betaArchive of Our OwnUser NavigationHi, Angstloverrrr!PostLog Out

Site NavigationFandomsBrowseSearchAboutSearch Works
Work Search:
tip: austen words:10000-50000 sort:title

Skip header
Actions
Chapter by Chapter Bookmark Mark for Later Comments Share  Download
Work Header
Rating:
Teen And Up Audiences
Archive Warning:
No Archive Warnings Apply
Categories:
F/MGen
Fandom:
Naruto
Relationships:
Haruno Sakura & Senju TobiramaHaruno Sakura & Uzumaki NarutoHaruno Sakura & Uchiha ShisuiHaruno Sakura & Uchiha SasukeHaruno Sakura & Uchiha Sasuke & Uzumaki NarutoSenju Hashirama & Senju Tobirama
Characters:
Haruno SakuraSenju TobiramaUchiha ShisuiUzumaki NarutoUchiha Sasuke
Additional Tags:
Ghost!TobiramaBAMF Haruno SakuraSenju Tobirama Needs a HugSenju Tobirama as Sakura's teacherKid Haruno SakuraAlternate Universe - Canon DivergenceOther Additional Tags to Be AddedHaruno Sakura is a precious little beanProtective TobiramaUchiha Sasuke Being an AssholeUzumaki Naruto is a ball of sunshineHaruno Sakura & Uzumaki Naruto FriendshipHaruno Sakura Sees GhostsUchiha Shisui Lives (For now)Senju Tobirama loves his brotherSenju Tobirama loves his clan
Language:
English
Collections:
Sakura Haruno Stories that give me LIFE, naruto fanfics that satisfy my depression and issues
Stats:
Published:2020-11-09Updated:2022-04-09Words:14555Chapters:8/?Comments:275Kudos:2412Bookmarks:634Hits:34151
Not so imaginary
FangirlJo
Summary:
Haruno Sakura was 5 when she realises her imaginary friend was not so imaginary at all and resembles the Second Hokage by a lot. Like a lot a lot.

In which Senju Tobirama is Sakura's Ghost Sensei. Things change, chaos ensues and Tobirama is once more reminded with the reason he doesn't have kids.

Chapter 1
Notes:
(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text
It didn't occur to her who her imaginary friend was, how did he first appear, or why is he dressed in bulky armour until she was 5 and was casually reading about the History of Konoha when his face popped up. In the book was a picture of a white-haired man with stunning dark red eyes in his mid-30s who look really alike to her imaginary friend. Or maybe, in her case, her imaginary friend is the one that looks like him. That man was Senju Tobirama, the Nidaime Hokage of Konoha.

She was quick to point it out to Tobi, her imaginary friend, and he stared back for a short period before he starts pointing out all the inaccurate information listed in the book. Like how he did not hate Uchiha clan —He was only wary, but if he did hate them, he wouldn't have created the Konoha Military Police Force and entrusted it to them— or how he did not join the war at 10 years old— he was actually 7 years old because he was gifted and genius like that— and no, he absolutely did not have a fling with Mito Uzumaki —that thought disgusts him. They were mere friends and plus, Mito was his sister in law.

Sakura stared at him with stars in her eyes by the time he was done.

"Tell me more?" Sakura urges. Other than reading, her second most favourite thing is she loves listening to stories. Stories from an imaginary figure from the past —especially since it's The Senju Tobirama— would definitely be interesting to hear.

He sighed and Sakura knew it was a win for her. It was rare, but ever so slowly her pile of 'I manage to convince my imaginary friend to do something' increase.

He told her the story of four brothers, hailing from the infamous—now almost non-existent— Senju clan. How they were the children of war—born in times of constant wars. A war between rivalling clans to survive. He told her of his lack of childhood—his earliest memories being his father teaching him the vital spots to maim their enemies and constant training. Mainly their clan has been battling out the Uchiha more often than not. And it was to this war that the four brothers become two brothers—the other half slaughtered by Uchihas. And it wasn't after losing their half, that the two remaining brothers, Hashirama and Tobirama, had really talked and considered ways to end the war and the cycle of children deaths. They did not want to lose more of their kin and especially one another. Hashirama had suggested an alliance between the warring clans but it was clear Butsuma Senju— the clan head, their father— was already in too deep. The boys were told coldly to train harder to avoid being failures like their brothers did. It was said in anger, so the boys knew that he did not mean to call the death of his two sons a failure —after all, it was Butsuma who had called them true shinobi in the first place.