hh

Some (a long) time later, and several stores later, Tiffa was holding a bag with new (dressy) shirts for Spiffy and Snasy. She didn’t get anything for herself, but did look longingly at a PC components store.

Fresh had also gotten a new shirt and vest that he was currently wearing. Just not the kind Black approved of.

A striped rainbow shirt with large half sleeves and a striped puffer vest with three stripes (blue, red and yellow) on the top with the lower half a beige. It was all over top of a regular black long sleeve. It was the best they could get out of him.

On the way back, he bought a simple choker just to annoy them further, putting his own magic into it (very carefully) to say ‘forever single please’ and ‘I protect myself.’ Something a monster teen might do in their rebellious phase.

Basically Fresh called Black (well, everyone really) a doting parent and said to tone it down in his own culture. The offended blush and sputtering was hilarious to witness.

He also found a green fanny pack!

***

(A/N: only sketch phase because my dog chewed up my stylis - still works (yesss), but i need to get used to the new … texture.

Fun fact - i was going to use a striped bowling shirt but liked this better :D)

***

“THAT OUTFIT IS GOD AWFUL.” Black grumbled. “THE FACT THAT THOSE ATROCIOUS COLORS WORK TOGETHER WIZZES ME OFF- AND STOP CENSORING ME IN SUCH AN EMBARRASSING MANOR! THIS IS SERIOUS ENOUGH TO WARRANT IT!”

Fresh was wheezing with his laughter. “C-Can’t bro. Hardwired to censor every unradical word in a 100 foot radius, yo.”

Even some of the people at the mall had started to get confused. It was hilarious!

On the way out he also managed to get distracted by a ‘toy’ shop where he bought a couple of card packs (Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic the Gathering, etc), 3 sets of D&D dice and a few figurines. He also got a couple posters and a phone chain with a pokeball on it before he was dragged out by an annoyed Black.

After all that, they had managed to work up an appetite. Those that needed to eat that is. Fresh had actually regained some magic from the break. Passive stat restoration rocked.

And so they met Mutt outside with the desire of food seeing as Blacks shift would start soon.

Black knocked on Mutts window and startled him awake.

“WE’RE GOING TO GET FOOD.” Black scowled. “TO THE USUAL PLACE, MUTT.”

It was surprisingly close. But Fresh and Tiffa still got to ‘practice magic’ for a little longer.

“I can skateboard.” Fresh stated.

“False?”

“True.”

They looked out the windows as they filled the car with sound. Surprisingly, Black offered one.

“... I HAVE KILLED A CHILD.”

The two paused. If Blue hadn’t stayed home to fix … whatever it was that crashed, Fresh was sure he wouldn’t have said anything.

“boss-”

“SHUT IT MUTT. THEY ARE CLEARLY GETTING NOWHERE WITH THESE LIGHT HEARTED QUESTIONS.” Black turned around to look Tiffa in the eyes. “SO. AM I LYING, DEAR? I. KILLED. A CHILD .”

Tiffa was quiet a moment as she took in his eye lights and … suddenly she could tell. Her eyes lit up a deeper blue. One of integrity as she broke eye contact.