Elections

"Yikes!" exclaimed Sora. She had just collided into a huge poster of 'Vote for Akihisa'. "You alright, Himeji-san?" said her classmate, Yukiteru, who was carrying the poster. Sora nodded. "I'm fine. I would be more careful in the future though."

"Sorry. This won't happen again."

Sora quickly entered into the classroom and took her seat. "Are you okay?" inquired Yukiji.

"If I didn't know better, I'd almost think that multiple people were out to get me. So this is 'that' time of the year again huh...." said Sora. Yukiji nodded.

Elections for the student council had begun. The third years were in a frenzy and were hurrying about collecting support. "Yukiji-san, you and Akira-san entered your names right?" said Sora.

"Yeah, what about you?" said Yukiji shifting a little.

"Oh well, I'm not sure. I'm still thinking about it but time's up anyway. All this seems to just pass me by this year. People haven't even asked me for support so I'm away from it all. I think my last year is going to be a quiet one except perhaps for basketball."

"Well, could be...." said Yukiji uncomfortably. "Sora-chan, there's something you might want to know...."

"Morning, Sora-chan." It was their classmate, Chiaki.

"Morning, Chiaki-san. How's it going? I've heard you've got quite the support."

"Well, I'm not winning, that's for sure." she said with a shrug. "You of all people should know that...."

"Eh?" said Sora. Just then, Chiaki was called away by someone and she left.

"As I was saying, Sora-chan..." began Yukiji again.

"Nae, Sora, have you seen the board?" said Akari, another one of their classmates.

"Nah. Not yet." said Sora.

"Well, you should. Not that you need to be worried or anything." said Akari.

"Now that you talk about it, I'm curious about the voting. I've heard very few people have to vote yet..." said Sora.

"You already voted?" said Yukiji.

"Well, yeah. On the first day."

"Akashi?" said Yukiji rolling her eyes.

"Well, yes. But seriously though, I think he will be a good president. I probably would have voted for him even if I didn't know him..." fumbled Sora. "Who did you vote for, Yukiji-san?"

Yukiji blinked. "That.... You need to know something...."

"Congrats, Sora-chan. Not bad at all." said Yukiteru holding out his hand. Sora blinked and took it. "Thank you...."

"Yukiji-san, do you think he said that because of Seijuro?" said Sora, puzzled. "I have got to look at that board. Sora half-dragged Yukiji out of the classroom. Akira and Satsuki were standing near the board. Satsuki smiled at Sora. "Have you come to look at the board, Sora-chan?"

"Yeah." said Sora. "What's the current status?"

"You didn't see the board, Sora-chan?" said Satsuki.

"I stopped looking after the first few days. There was always a huge crowd here. I can barely get through the other corridors alive as it is.... I didn't want to risk it."

"You should take more interest in what's happening around you." chided Satsuki.

"You guys entered right? Did you get anthing?" said Sora.

"Most of the votes were in this morning so they just called it quits." said Akira. Sora nodded.

"The placements are out. Akira-san got the sports secretary spot. Since she's the ace of the team, it gave her a good footing." said Satsuki.