New girl?

"I don't believe this!"
Akira watched nervously as Sora paced stormily before her. She glanced at Yukiji but she seemed just as stumped too. Their practice had come to an early end as coach suddenly seemed to want most of the team out of the scene. Sora had been in her office for the past fifteen minutes.
"At least tell us what's going on," said Yukiji softly. Sora raked her hand through her hair making it look a bit messier that usual. It just added to the impression of a person who was obviously in a foul mood. "This!" said Sora brandishing a paper in Yukiji's direction. Yukiji scanned it. "It looks like some sort of bio," she said.
"It is," said Sora shortly.
"And?"
"We're apparently getting a new member. Now," spat out Sora.
Akira's jaw dropped and Yukiji crinkled her forehead. "But it's just weeks before the semis. And we've got that training camp soon... Just what on earth is going on?" said Yukiji.
"I don't know!" wailed Sora. "She's got good references but I bet she knows nothing about basketball. Coach believes she has too much 'potential' to be on the bench. Seriously? "
Yukiji whistled. "This is going to be a hard one. Will you even have time?"
"I don't know," said Sora curtly.
"Who is this kid anyway?" said Akira.
"I'm not sure! But I could have sworn I have seen her before," said Sora snapping her fingers. "Take a look," she said handing Akira the bio. Akira took one look at the bio and paled. Sora was watching her expression like a hawk. "What is it?" she demanded.
"Wh... What?" said Akira a bit shakily.
"Do you know her?"
"Who? Me?"
Sora threw up her hands. "What? Nevermind. I'll find out myself."
"Sora-chan, shouldn't you be going now?" said Akira.
"Eh?"
"It's late and... Sei-kun will be waiting..." said Akira feebly.
Sora stared at Akira and her voice trailed off. "Their practice hasn't come to an end. And even if it were so, he'd wait," said Sora stalking away.
"Oh no... Oh no..." muttered Akira.
"What is wrong with you?" demanded Yukiji.
"She'll really go and enquire now, won't she?"
"Well, yeah," said Yukiji with a shrug. "It's better for the whole team if we have less on our plates now. If this girl can be persuaded not to be rash..."
"I don't think she can be persuaded," said Akira with her head in her hands.
"What? Why not? Anyway, what sort of a player is she? Is she a good athlete?"
"She is a good 'athlete'," said Akira carefully laying stress on the final part.
"Oh," said Yukiji relieved "Then it actually might be good for us..."
"She knows nothing whatsoever about basketball," cut in Akira.
Yukiji drew in a breath. "Ouch... But wait! Didn't you just deny knowing her?"
"I'm in huge trouble!" groaned Akira.
"Why?"
"Do you remember the girl from first term?"
"Who?"
"Misaki-senpai's younger sister..."
Yukiji frowned. "That name seems to ring a bell..."
Akira swallowed. "That girl who... thought I was a role model or something."
"Modest..." said Yukiji rolling her eyes.
"Shut up! Now's not the time. Well, the point is, I think she's joining because of me."
"I thought she stopped," said Yukiji.
"I just kept her from getting underfoot," said Akira fidgeting with the edge of the bench.,
"Continue..." said Yukiji.
"I took her to watch the guys play yesterday. I think that's what got her all fired up," said Akira.
"Talk her out of it," said Yukiji firmly.
"What?"
"You heard me!"
"But will joining be so bad..." said Akira and trailed off when Yukiji glared at her.
"Does she know anything, anything at all, about basketball?" demanded Yukiji.
"She did watch yesterday's match," said Akira feebly.
"Other than that?"
Akira remained silent and Yukiji caught the drift and sighed. "This is going to be horrible all around. You know what a demanding club this is."
"She'll scrape through," said Akira uncertainly.
"Oh, sure she will... I'll leave you with the pleasure of telling that to Sora when she finds out," said Yukiji sarcastically. Akira's jaw dropped.
"I actually lied to the midget demon!"

Sora meanwhile paced through the corridor like a whirlwind. She found Satsuki watching the guys practice. She entered the court quietly. She saw Kuroko and Midorima shooting hoops and waved slightly. They nodded back. She walked towards Satsuki who was studiously looking at something on her clipboard and didn't notice. She passed Akashi on the way. He seemed to be teaching someone how to do a scoop shot. Sora caught his eye for a second. Akashi seemed to be continuing his lecture nonchalantly but he threw the ball with a slight turn of his head. It fell in the hoop barely grazing the edge. He pulled off the shot with a single glance at the hoop.
Sora saw him wink slightly in her direction and cursed softly. "Showoff..." she muttered. She felt herself smiling slightly and shook her head. She needed to focus. She was quite close to Satsuki who was now positively chewing her pen. "Satsuki-san," she said softly and she jumped.
"God, I didn't notice! Have you caught Tetsu-kun's bug..."
"Nah... You were the one who was too preoccupied to see me," said Sora with a rueful smile.
"Never mind that!" said Satsuki vehemently. "I wanted to see you myself but thank God you dropped by."
Sora blinked. "Eh?"
"What do you think of her?" demanded Satsuki.
"Who..."
"Her!" said Satsuki thrusting the clipboard at Sora. Sora found herself staring at an identical copy of the bio she held in her own hands. "Where did you even get this..." she said in awe.
"Is that important?"
"No..." admitted Sora. "I was coming to ask you about her myself. Do you know her?"
Satsuki facepamed. "Don't tell me you've forgotten her already."
"Who is she?" said Sora.
Satsuki was about to reply when she chanced to glance at the window behind Sora. Satsuki swore loudly and Sora jumped. "What... Satsuki-san... Did you just..." said Sora shakily. Satsuki took a water bottle in her hand and weighed it. "He's going to get it this time!"
Sora turned in the direction she was facing and saw a bunch of dark blue hair outside the window and sighed. "How can he come so close to the door and have the guts not to come in?" demanded Satsuki aiming the bottle in the general direction of the window.
"Umm... Satsuki-chan, there are a lot of basketball players here. Hell, even I'm on the team, so why don't you leave the aiming to us..." said Sora in a futile attempt. Satsuki lobbed the bottle and it hit a bench a few metres away making everyone sitting on it jump. Sora turned her face away in embarrassment. Satsuki meanwhile reached for another bottle.
"Once was enough," said Sora gently detaining her. "I didn't hit him!" whined Satsuki.
"Why don't we call Midorima-kun?" suggested Sora.
"Did anyone mention me?" said Midorima who had come up for water.
Sora coughed. "Satsuki-san wanted your help... She wants to hit Aomine."
Midorima blinked but didn't respond. "With a water bottle..." finished Sora lamely.
"I can't, nanodayo," said Midorima slowly.
"Mou! Why not?" demanded Satsuki.
"Virgo's doing better than Cancer today, nanodayo," said Midorima hastily clearing the scene.
"Scaredy cat!" called out Satsuki.
"Okay, leave Aomine-kun," said Sora desperately trying to change the topic. Satsuki startled. "I almost forgot! We were talking about something impotant," said Satsuki.
"Yeah," said Sora internally rejoicing that she had distracted her.
"Do you seriously not know who she is?"
"Yes..."
Satsuki-san took a deep breath. "That girl is Akira-san's fan. First year, swim team, former sports sec's sister. Misaki Mai."
"Swim team? So she has no idea about basketball at all!"
"Well, yes. Mou... That's no reason to look so scary..."
"Oh, no. It's just that Akira just lied to my face."
(A/N: For those who noticed and are wondering; No, I did not forget the suffix.) ;)