Akira's little admirer

"Sora-chan! I have some news that might interest you!"

"Go on...." said Sora. Satsuki often had the habit of surprising her with random bits of shocking news. She was the reason Sora knew a lot about what was happening in Teiko. Satsuki took a deep breath.

"It's about Akira-san." she said in a dramatic whisper.

"Oh...." said Sora who was at loss.

"She has an admirer. A fan to be more precise."

"What?" exclaimed Sora.

"Shh! Keep your voice down...."

"Satsuki-san, tell me more....." said Sora shaking her with a grin.

"You know last year's sports secretary right? Well, Akira-san went to her house for the data. There was a lot so apparently she had to visit a couple of times to get it all in."

"Okay...."

"And the sec had a little sister. She's a first year. Swim team. I think her name is Misaki Mai or something....."

"Go on!"

"Well, now she worships the ground Akira-san steps on."

Sora sucked in her breath. "What do you think happened?"

Satsuki shrugged. "She's the ace, right? I think she might have seen her play or something. Plus the team has been making it to the finals for the last two years. Akira-san was on the starter line-up. You've got to admit, that's quite huge."

Sora nodded vigorously. "I think this is going to be interesting.... Is Akira-san in yet?"

Just then both of them heard a shout in the corridor. "Akira-sama! Be careful. You might have tripped! Shall I carry the bag?"

"You don't have to do any of that!"

Sora and Satsuki giggled. Akira entered the class looking a bit disheveled. "Morning, people." Both Satsuki and Sora burst into laughter. "Morning." they managed to choke out. Akira looked at them like they were mad and then shook her head.

"Shall I leave, Akira-sama?"

A girl poked her head around the door. Her long hair hung down in two long braids and she had quite huge eyes that were now trained on Akira. "Okay. Just go." said Akira.

"Who is that, Akira-san?" inquired Sora sweetly.

"None of your business." said Akira roughly.

"Careful, Akira-san. At this rate, you might get mugged on the way home next." said Sora with a wink.

"Will you shut up?" demanded Akira.

"Okay. Looks like we're feeling touchy today."

"I wanna play basketball." moaned Akira, flopping down on her chair.

"Soon." promised Sora. "Today's the first session, remember?"

"Thank God for that...."

Just then, Mai poked her head around the door. She seemed to be panting as if she had run back. "Akira-san, I forgot to tell you. We have a swimming drill today. Wanna watch?"

"I have basketball in the afternoon...." said Akira in an awkward tone.

"I see! Good luck!"

"Thank you...."

"She seems like a nice kid..." said Sora when Mai had retreated to her own class.

"She is." said Akira. "It's just that she gets on my nerves sometimes."

"True that....."

*Good morning, Teiko! We'll be commencing with the regular broadcasts from today. This is Chihiro Yukiji. Those who are doing assembly duty today are requested to gather near the staffroom. We will officially begin the broadcasts during lunch. Thank you and stay tuned, Teiko!*

"Yukiji-san seems to be having fun." said Akira as they headed down for the assembly.

"Yeah. Must be cool to make all the announcements." said Sora wistfully.

"Wouldn't it be weird though. Having your voice echo all around the school...." mused Akira.

"What are you talking about! That's the fun part." said Sora.

Akira shrugged. "Guess it's just not my cup of tea."

"Morning!" said Miyu, with a hi-fi as they passed the staffroom.

"Morning, Miyu-san. Are you speaking?" said Sora.

"Yup. The news...."

"Good luck!"

"Thank you. Oh and today's the first session, right?"

"Yup! Prepare yourself!" said Sora with a laugh.

"You're scaring me you know...."

"Oh. Didn't mean to....."

————————-

"So we'll really have a match?"

"Yes, Akira-san. I've told you that for the eighteenth time now."

"Are you actually keeping count?"

"Yes. Because you denied that you ever asked me that for a couple of times, so I'm doing it to be safe."

"Oh. Wanna play?"

Sora considered it. "Fine."

"Nae, Sora-chan...."

"Akira-san, I don't like that tone.... Are you seriously suggesting...."

"But I wanna try that! I mean, Mine-kun and Suya-kun do it just fine!"

"But they're different!"

"Onegai!"

(A/N: Onegai – Please.)

Sora sighed. "Fine. We'll give it a try."

"Okay!" said Akira with a grin.

Sora dribbled the ball while Akira took her position under the hoop. "Ready?" said Sora dubiously.

"I was born ready!"

"That's a bit tacky...."

"Shut up!"

Sora focused on the hoop and shot the ball. The ball went in. Akira swore. "Sora-chan! You didn't give me a gap!"

"Sorry. My bad. Let's go again."

This time Sora shot. The ball made a slight rebound. But Akira had overestimated Sora's release timing and jumped earlier.

"Damn! Now I messed up..." muttered Akira.

"We'll keep trying. Later though. I don't want you to waste all your energy on this."

 Akira nodded. "Fine."

Both of them headed to the bench to sit for a while. Akira found that she had already emptied her bottle. "Sora-chan, can I have some water?"

"Okay. Right after I take a sip...."

"But my throat's really parched..."

Sora grinned and got up with the bottle in her hand. "So, Akira-sama demands water......"

"Will you stop that?!" exclaimed Akira. Sora ran and Akira began to chase her round the court. Sora periodically shouted random stuff like 'Hime-sama wants a drink' and 'Poor parched oujou-sama' with a laugh while Akira swore and chased her.

The other team mates began to enter one by one. Sora sobered up and tossed the bottle to Akira. Akira shook her head. "I've quite lost the urge to drink after your stupid dialouges."

"Suit yourself."

———————————————-

A/N: The move Akira and Sora are practicing is quite obvious I hope. ;)