Questions

Sora was waiting for the others at the back of the gallery. Akira's team had won by two points. Sora smiled because both Akira and Yukiji were on the same team and they probably would insist on celebrating and she wasn't heartless enough to turn them down. Besides, she was glad that three of the g.o.m were on the losing side. If anything, this could teach them a bit of humility. Probably. Akashi was also on the winning side, so they would probably write off their defeat.

"Sora-chan?" said a voice, interrupting her thoughts. It was Akira. Sora grinned. "Congrats!"

"What's going on?" said Akira, coming to stand next to her.

"The second string's match is about to start. Girls vs. Boys this time. The tension seems to be back," observed Sora.

"Hmm..."

Sora frowned. She had expected Akira to be in much higher spirts but she looked a bit worried. "What's wrong?" said Sora.

"We need to talk," she said.

"Umm... Sure," said Sora.

"Come to the lounge."

"What? Now?" Sora looked back at the court. The second string was already out and as the captain, she had to watch the match for their sakes. "Not now, Akira-san."

"Don't be an idiot!" said Akira.

"Excuse me..." said Sora raising her eyebrows.

"This is really important. Just come," she said.

Sora glanced at the match. She couldn't possibly leave but Akira looked like she wasn't going to let it go. Sora spotted Miyu a few rows away and hailed her. "Miyu-san, could you possibly note down all that happens in this match?" said Sora apologetically.

"What? Are you leaving?" questioned Miyu.

"She needs to go," said Akira bluntly earning a glare from Miyu.

Sora laid her hand on Akira's arm to keep her back. "Sorry about that. But could you please do this for me?" she pleaded. Miyu seemed to consider and then nodded. Akira literally dragged Sora outside. Sora thanked the Gods that Akira wasn't holding her bad arm. They entered the lounge and Sora was surprised to find Yukiji there along with Satsuki.

"Oro? Satsuki-san, shouldn't you be inside?" chided Sora lightly.

Satsuki shrugged. "They never use my recon anyway. Besides, I have my sources and I'll be ready even if they ask. Akira seemed to have something important to say. But more importantly, shouldn't you be inside too?"

Sora reddened and nodded. "Akira-san, can you please be quick about it?"

"He pushed you," said Akira bluntly.

Sora stiffened. "Who—"

"Don't act dumb! Akashi!"

"And what does that have to do with anything..." said Sora carefully.

"He pushed you for a damn practice match and you still trust him?" said Akira incredulously.

"He didn't do it on purpose," pointed out Sora.

"Jeez, the guy can predict the future... He just doesn't fall you know."

"He could," pointed out Yukiji.

"Shut up!" said Akira, "So you're just going to trust a friend with someone who would choose a practice match over her?"

"I believe the friend can take care of herself," said Yukiji, "Besides, you can't expect me to know about stupid things like this."

Sora grinned. "Mi—" she began.

"Shut up!" said Yukiji, picking up a magazine from the coffee table and trying to swat Sora with it. Sora laughed and replaced the magazine on the table.

"What do you think, Suki-chan?" demanded Akira.

Satsuki shrugged. "I just don't understand him."

"Yeah. Which makes the situation all the more dangerous!" said Akira. Akira then turned on Sora. "Did he ask you how you were? Heck, has he even come to you after the match?"

Sora blinked. Akira had hit a nerve but she decided not to show it. "He's watching the match, Akira-san," she said, trying to brush it off, "And Satsuki-san and I probably have to go to take notes too. I'll meet you two later, I guess. I would recommend watching the match though... Let's go, Satsuki-san."

Kise and Aomine were entering the lounge as Sora and Satsuki were leaving. "Time out!" yelled Kise and Sora at the same time and burst out laughing.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention, but you two acted like morons today," said Akira with a grin.

"Yeah!" said Sora, "But we did get what we wanted."

"And we still lost," said Kise, raking his fingers through his hair with an exasperated smile.

"Hmm... I wanted to tell you guys something..." mused Sora.

"What is it, Soracchi?"

"Kise-kun, I like you, Aomine-kun and Midorima-kun a lot, but we are never playing on the same side ever again!" said Sora with a smile.

"Done!" said Aomine, "Hell, I'm not even playing."

"You've been bunking too much lately," said Akira heatedly, "Why are you even here if you are going to keep bunking practice?"

"Good question," said Aomine, "The food's great..."

Akira was about to make a sharp remark when Yukiji stopped her. "It really isn't going to get you anything you know."

"But still—"

"Why don't we drop it?"

"See you," said Sora with a nod and headed towards the courts. The second strings were going at full strengths. There was still a couple of minutes left in the first quarter. Sora sat down next to Miyu.

"You've missed a lot..." remarked Miyu, "They're almost even and the match is going at break-neck pace."

"Hmm..." said Sora.

Sora found that she couldn't concentrate on the match at all. Akira probably had a point but she was never going to accept that. On the court, the two teams were going head to head but Sora couldn't process it at all. A few rows away, Akashi was sitting with Midorima and a couple of others from the first string. He hardly turned her way.

'Did he ask you how you were? Heck, has he even come to you after the match?'

Akira was right. For once, she was damn right.