The dance of the point guards

Yukiji watched, amused, as Sora was all but tearing out her hair from the roots. They were watching their opponents' tape. Now that the training camp was over, it was time to concentrate on the quarter finals that were looming ahead. The rest of the team didn't seem to share her anxiety though.

"They're playing like sh*t," said Mayu finally, "Why are we even watching this?"

"There's got to be something!" exclaimed Sora, "They're probably holding back to fool us."

"That's not true," said Miyu, "Their usual stats are also just as low."

"How did they get into the quarters?" demanded Akira.

"Things just happen sometimes," said Miyu.

"Fate," said Yukiji with a small laugh.

"If you're referencing something--" began Miyu.

"The four-eyes' bad judgement is rubbing off on you," said Akira.

"Shut up!" said Yukiji.

"Shoot! I just missed a few seconds! Rewind!" said Sora agitated.

"Like hell I'm watching their sucky play again!" said Akira.

"Why don't we just call it a day?" suggested Aoba.

"Yeah... We could at least practice," said Akira.

"No," said Sora firmly.

"Hey, Satsuki is at the door. She's been signalling you for a long time," said Mayu.

"Ignore her," said Sora, "Just for today."

"Okay..." said Mayu holding up her hands.

"So we just watch this depressing tape for another hour?" said Aoba.

"Uh huh," said Sora.

"Yippee for boring play," muttered Akira under her breath.

Finally, the team began to disperse with their meagre data. Satsuki was waiting for Sora outside. "I'm surprised you guys bothered to take notes," she said.

"I thought we were bad, but they're worse," admitted Sora.

"You're not bad. You're just not the best," said Satsuki.

"Some would say they're both the same," said Sora, whose thoughts strayed to Akashi.

"You're still avoiding each other?" questioned Satsuki as if she caught what she was thinking.

"I don't know... He'd probably blow it if he saw me," said Sora.

"Maybe," said Satsuki, "Anyways, see you. Our meeting was way too brief today. Owing to the fact that half of the starting lineup didn't come anyway."

"You're joking," said Sora incredulously.

"Nah. We've stopped giving a damn. See you," said Satsuki.

Sora sighed. She'd had enough of this. Sora headed towards her locker to change her shoes. She mechanically put them on thinking about how unfair life was. There were always those who had the ability to do wonders with the minimal effort and here they were not caring about it at all. She couldn't help resent the g.o.m just a bit for it. Especially after coach made her watch the practice game which took place during the training camp over and over again.
She headed inside the class to fetch her bag when she found Akashi seated there. He had swapped out his blazer for a formal coat and had obviously made an effort to keep his hair in order. He was currently struggling with a bow-tie. Sora couldn't help it and burst out laughing. Akashi looked up from the tie and scowled.