The twins

"Is Akira really okay?" said Yukiji.

"I think so," said Sora hesitantly.

"But—"

"Akira-san is the ace of the team. She won't let us down at such a crucial moment. Don't worry. She can play," said Sora.

"Umm... Just so you know, the guys are coming to wish us good luck," said Yukiji, looking at something over Sora's shoulder, "What do you think will happen?"

"It'll be fine..." said Sora fidgeting.

Luckily, it turned out to be just as Sora predicted, even though she had just said it for Yukiji's sake. There was a slight air of constraint over both teams, but everyone seemed keen to ignore it. Much to Sora's dissatisfaction, Aomine and Akira didn't even exchange a word and skipped out of the conversation whenever the other had anything to say. Satsuki edged closer to Sora. "Akira?"

"Is fine," said Sora, with a tight nod, "At least, I think she is. They both need to get it out of their systems. They have to talk!"

"I don't think that's going to happen," said Satsuki ruefully, "Do you think he said it?"

"Said what?"

"The only one who can dump me is me."

Sora looked at Satsuki incredulously. "He did? That's so mean!"

"No! I was just wondering, that's all."

"I don't like this Satsuki-san. Term's about to end in a couple of months," said Sora.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"In the worst case scenario, they can part as enemies. This might be their last chance to part as friends for all we know."

Satsuki blinked. "Sora-chan!"

The girls were soon called in for the match. As predicted, Teiko had no problems with their opponent. Oddly, Akira was in her element in the match, although her spirits weren't much improved. The two teams made it through the quarters without a problem. They met outside the court after their matches.

"Who are you playing next?" questioned Akashi.

"Haranishi," replied Sora, "You?"

"Kamata West," said Akashi nonchalantly.

Sora and Yukiji exclaimed. "Kamata West!"

"The very same," said Satsuki grimly.

"Wow! Even you guys may be hard pressed," said Sora, "What with the 'genius twins' being part of it and all!"

"Who? Us?" said Mayu, confused, "I wasn't aware that we had so many fans."

"Not us, dummy! She's referring to the Sasaki twins," said Miyu.

"Who?" said Mayu.

"They are actually experts at Aikido. Their playing style is really weird because of it," said Satsuki.

"I hear their style depends a lot on 'flopping'?" said Yukiji.

"True," said Satsuki.

"Aka-chin, can I go now?" said Murasakibara.

"Sure, Atsushi."

Kise and Aomine had slipped off after saying their goodbyes. "Anything we need to know?" said Akashi, addressing Satsuki.

"There is quite a bit actually. It will be better to watch the tapes though—"

"Then nothing on short notice, I see," interrupted Akashi.

"Then we'll get going, nanodayo," said Midorima.

Satsuki looked like she wanted to protest but ended up simply nodding. Akashi suddenly remembered something. "Make sure the people on the bench watch the tape," he said. Again, Satsuki simply nodded.

"Nae, Seijuro," said Sora catching up, "The genius twins, huh? Won't it be interesting to watch them play?"

Akashi laughed outright. "Are you trying to con me into watching the tapes, woman? Nice try though. It almost worked."

"I really—" began Sora, but Akashi interrupted. "I'm not the only one who's playing in the semis. You have a team to manage too."

"Yeah..." said Sora, "You will be okay, right?"

"I am absolute."

"That is not even a real answer," said Sora, "And if you are so confident, why are you making the bench members watch the tape?"

"Hush. You're starting to make sense," said Akashi with a grin, "That was just a precaution. Nothing more. Go, now."

"But—"

"Go."

Sora headed back to where her own team was standing. Suddenly, a voice interrupted her thoughts. "Good luck, Sora-san."

Sora jumped in fright but it was just Kuroko. "Oh, Kuroko-kun..." Sora noticed that he was squishing his black wristband. "That's..."

"My friend made it through till now," said Kuroko. For a guy who usually never showed any emotion, he came close to as glowing as it was possible. Sora smiled too. It was a welcome sight.

"Your friend..."

"Ogiwara Shigehiro."

"Sorry, the name slipped my memory... He's the one who played with you in the beginning, right? Think about it, though! You'll get to play against him in the finals now!"

"I know," said Kuroko, happily, "Akashi-kun might let me play, at least for one quarter."

"He definitely will. Good luck, then. For the next match," said Sora.

"Thank you," said Kuroko with a smile.

Sora made it to where the girls were standing. "Haranishi high, huh?" she said, enthusiastically.

"How's the status?" said Yukiji.

"With just the right effort... We can definitely win this thing," said Miyu, consulting her notes.

"We've done it before, we'll do it again," said Sora confidently. They were Teiko. They had nothing to fear and everything to hope for.