A confession

"Sora-chan has been pacing the court for the last thirty minutes," observed Akira.

"Yeah," said Yukiji.

"Should we stop her?"

"I don't think we should."

It was the day before the quarter finals of the tournament. Sora was feeling very nervous although she knew she had nothing to worry about. "I think we've gone over everything," she finally admitted, "Let me confess that this match looks easy at the outset but that also means that if we lose, it will be all the more embarrassing. Go get some air, people. After we come back, we'll see if we can calculate who will be our opponent in the semis."

The team began to stretch and head towards the door. "Shall I stay with you, Sora-chan?" said Akira.

Sora smiled. "Nah, take a walk. I'm going outside for a bit too."

"We aren't playing today?" said Yukiji.

Sora shook her head. "I think it's best if we don't."

"Shall I go visit the guys then?" said Akira, "Shin-chan borrowed a teletubbies cassette from me. Oha-asa."

"Teletubbies? You?" said Sora in shock.

"God, no. It's my cousin's. Which I why I need to make sure he returns it tomorrow."

"I think you should remind him," said Sora.

"See ya'," said Akira, heading towards the courts. She found a few members from the second string playing there. The starters were nowhere to be seen. Akira hailed a guy he knew from the second string and asked them where they were. He directed her to the A.V room.

Akira reached the A.V room to find a tiny crowd there. Akashi nodded and smiled at her before turning back to the tapes. Satsuki hailed her with enthusiasm. "Aki-san!"

"My, my... Quite the party," said Akira looking around. Akashi, Midorima and Satsuki were the only ones there who she knew really well. There were a couple of other members from the first string who she didn't know that well.

"Kise-kun and Mu-kun came to watch a bit a first..." said Satsuki, "They left half-way."

"I doesn't matter really," said Akashi, "As long as they turn up tomorrow..."

"You think?" said Akira, preferring not to push it too much, "Shin-chan, the teletubbies..."

"Got it, nanodayo," said Midorima hastily.

Akira decided to leave them to their jobs and went to look for Kise. If it had been during the earlier years of their association, Akira would have confidently said that he would be practicing in one of the empty courts, but now she didn't know. She walked along the line of empty courts until she found one in which some people were practicing. She was informed that Kise had gone home early to prepare for a modeling shoot. Or so he had said.

Akira decided to head back to the court which the girls were currently occupying. A voice suddenly hailed her as she passed one of the empty courts. "Akira!"

Akira pushed open the door wider to find that it was Aomine. He was napping on one of the benches and had woken up when she passed. "Fetch me some water," he said.

"Yeah, right, dumb-head," muttered Akira.

"You're going to do it anyway."

Akira found a cup in the dispenser and filled it. Aomine straightened and took the cup from her. "You know we are playing tomorrow... A little after your match."