The black haired boys

( A/N: I had initially planned to name this chapter 'Kuroko no afro' but I sort of reconsidered after I wrote down the chapter. I suuppose the current title is more fitting to the storyline.... Which sounds better? :) )

"I thought you 'weren't going to indulge in this nonsense' " demanded Akira. Midorima had turned up wearing a long black wig. "My lucky item today was a black wig. Who am I to ignore the promptings of fate, nanodayo?" he replied.

"All this is fine, but why are you wearing a girls' wig?" said Akira skeptically. "That isn't a girls' wig, Akira-san. That's a really old fashioned wig for guys" said Sora. "But look at the length of the hair!" said Akira. "There is no way that's for boys". "Look at the thickness of the hair" suggested Sora. "Don't you know anything about fashion, nanodayo?" said Midorima. "Says the guy with the outdated wig" countered Akira.

"But where are the others?" said Sora scanning the crowd.

"They'll be here" said Akira. "Aho and Ki-kun mostly arrive just on time."

The three of them were standing outside their class when they heard a couple of screams resound through the corridor. "Looks like the boys are in the house" commented Akira with a grin.

Sora gasped and clutched the door for support. Kise was wearing a wig with thick black hair that covered one side of his face completely. He occasionally lifted up the hair on that side to wink at someone who passed him. Aomine was wearing a wig that had a lot of spikes on it. The points looked almost sharp enough to pierce something. As for Aomine himself, he just looked frankly ridiculous.

But the highlight of the trio was Kuroko. He was wearing a huge black afro on his head. People just stopped in their tracks to stare at him. "How do you do?" said Kuroko politely.

"This is a dream.... This is a dream." muttered Sora.

"Sora-chan! Quit pinching yourself. You'll get really bad bruises at this rate!" scolded Akira.

"Yo." said Aomine.

"Looking terrible." said Akira with a wink. Aomine grinned. "Why, thank you."

"Is Sora-chan alright?" said Kuroko doubtfully. Sora was staring at them with a sort of fascinated horror.

"You three just scared her to death. She's worried about the rules." said Akira.

"Did you find anything?" demanded Kise.

Sora shook her head. "But the teachers probably won't like it so....."

"That's that then." said Kise. "We're wearing them whether you like it or not!"

"Whatever. Go talk to Seijuro yourselves." said Sora.

Aomine, Kise and Kuroko exchanged glances.

---------

"I can't believe he let them off the hook!" said Sora, amazed.

"Shouldn't we be worried about the match?" said Aoba.

"Maybe. But this is just crazy!" said Sora. "They look stupid."

"This is the generation of miracles we're playing against! Shouldn't you be taking this more seriously?" demanded Aoba.

Sora just made a 'tsk' sound. "Their hair is annoying me...." she muttered.

"We've already played against them a lot of times so the whole effect has worn off a bit." explained Akira. "Besides, we even won once...."

"That wasn't exactly basketball." reminded Sora. "Anyway, I don't even feel disposed to play. All that black is seriously depressing me."

"Sora-chan, even though I hate to break this to you; Get a grip! We're playing our first match of the year against those nuts after all." said Akira.