Two blondes and a proposal

A willowy brunette was standing near Kise's car with her arms crossed and tapping her foot impatiently. "Shall we leave now?" she said tetchily when they approached. Sora could have sworn that she had almost snarled. Kise gave a nervous laugh and rubbed his neck. "Onae-san, I've agreed to drop my friends at the square..." The woman hissed something under her breath and got in behind the wheel. She called up someone and began speaking rapidly. Kise mouthed the word 'manager' and indicated for them to get in. Kise's manager hung up by the time they were settled and started the car. Kise insisted that the 'grown ups' take the back seat and that Shige sit in the front.

(A/N: Onae-san – Elder sister.)

"She can't scream at him, so he's safe anyway," he whispered cowering behind one of the seats.

"How old are you, Shige-san?" said Sora.

"Two years younger than Ryouta," came the petulant reply.

"Pipsqueak... Did you just address your elder brother with his first name so casually?" said Akashi sharply.

"It's no big deal!" said Kise quickly.

"Ehh... You're lucky I don't have to teach you manners," said Akashi with an odd glint in his eye.

"So, Shige-kun, do you enjoy watching Kise-kun's shoots?" said Sora, hoping to diffuse the tension.

"Hell no!" moaned Shige. "Ryouta just plays dress-up and people watch and sometimes take pics. It's the dumbest thing ever." Kise choked.

"Modeling isn't a simple profession that little kids can do or understand. It takes someone with maturity to grasp the entire concept," said Kise's manager doing a hair-flip.

"That was awesome, Onae-san!" said Kise, clapping his hands. Kise's manager gave an irritated sound which immediately subdued him.

"Umm... Manager-san, you must be dead serious about what you do..." said Sora.

"Of course. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing it," she said bluntly. Sora was temporarily miffed by her sharp reply. Beside her, Akashi chuckled and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "But then again..." continued the manager in a milder tone. "There are some idiots who simply won't let me do my job."

"Onae-san... I told you I was sorry," said Kise reproachfully.

"Anyway, I thank you two for finding the small brat," she said. "Handling one is hard enough without having another pain in the neck". Sora and Akashi chuckled a bit at that.

"Mou!" said Shige and Kise together.

Sora laughed. "Now I can really tell that both of you are related..."

"What?" they said together again.

"Soracchi! Kenchi is not cute at all. Mou! Look at me... Look at me..." groaned Kise.

"I'm nothing like that girly, dumb idiot," said Shige.

"An accurate description of Ryouta in three words," said Akashi with a chuckle.

"Oh, I have a lot of words for both. But I don't think you want to hear any of them," muttered the manager.

"Hey!" they said together again.

"Quiet! I'm driving," she said.

Both of them lapsed into a sulky silence. "Here we are!" said the manager with a flourish. They had reached the square again.

"Thank you very much!" said Akashi and Sora gratefully stepping out.

"See ya," said the manager and drove away at top speed.

"Wow, she must really be in a hurry..." mused Sora.

"Hmm... God knows how late they are," said Akashi.

"True," said Sora.

Akashi made a call while Sora took a look at the people around them. She took in a sharp breath. As soon as Akashi hung up, she tugged his sleeve. "Seijuro... Is that...." Akashi looked at where she was pointing and sighed. "Yes... Yes it is." The other two noticed them too. Akira towed Aomine over to where they were standing.

"Sora-chan! Akashi-kun! How do you do?" she said brightly. Sora noticed Aomine and Akashi exchange an awkward glance. "We were just leaving," said Akashi curtly.

"Yeah..." said Aomine.

"What's wrong with those two idiots?" questioned Akira.

"Seijuro thinks he's interrupting you two..." said Sora with a laugh. "Aomine-kun thinks you're stalking us. That's all I can read."

"That's absurd," muttered Akira. "Let's eat together!"

--------

"How did you two turn up here?" questioned Sora.

"Long story. Nevermind. More impotantly....Akashi-kun, you're wearing a hoodie..." said Akira in awe.

"So?"

"You're wearing a hoodie..." repeated Akira.

"And?"

"You must admit, Seijuro.... It's a bit of a shock," said Sora.

"Then... Sup?" said Akira. She didn't receive an enthusiastic response. Sora and Akashi looked too tired to actively engage in any civilities and Akira and Aomine had just arrived. They simply couldn't match her pent up energy.

"Aho! Quit dozing on the tabe," exclaimed Akira.

"What do you expect me to do? You dragged me to this tea-party and expect me to act like the tooth fairy or something...." muttered Aomine.

Sora gave him a thumbs-up from across the table. "Then what do you want us to do?" said Akira.

"Speaking of topics... There is one which might appeal to everyone here," said Akashi suddenly.

"What is it?" said Akira brighty.

"The qualifiers are coming up soon. Are you all ready?" said Akashi grimly.

"I don't know! Stats are rising but I'm still not entirely happy," said Sora perking up.

"Stats? Dash it all! Can you beat us in a match?" demanded Aomine.

"Aomine-kun, quit teasing," chided Sora.

"People... Stop. Even here?" protested Akira.

"Hah! You're only ready when you're confident enough to say that you can beat anyone," said Aomine ignoring her. "But then again, the only one who can beat me is me...."

Sora scoffed. "Oh, please...."

"He's right, Sora. Will you be able to defeat me... If not someone might turn up who is as strong..." said Akashi.

"Oi..." began Akira.

"But now's a good opportunity to discuss both the teams," said Akashi.

"Yeah! We have the captains and the two aces..." said Sora.

"Damn discussions! Two on two. What do you say?" said Aomine.

"Aomine-kun, that is the most flawed strategy on earth. Foreseen is forewarned," said Sora.

Aomine and Akashi began laughing. "What?" said Sora.

"'Foreseen'? We have the emperor!" said Aomine. Akashi tapped his eye. "Oh!" said Sora realizing the pun she'd accidentally made.

"Seriously? It's not that funny..." said Akira.

"But then again... Planning is not something that you can afford to negect," said Sora.

"Agreed," said Akashi.

"You idiots!" yelled Akira. "This is not a strategy meeting?'

"Is it?" said Aomine with a grin. "Two on two!"

t