A little time

"Hey, why are you quiet?" demanded Mayu.

"Hmm..." said Sora absently.

"Is this about the time-out?" said Kise.

"Who cares what this is about? Just let me get back in there. Oi, Himeji, don't worry, I'll beat them this time," said Aomine.

"Aho! Inspite of your loud comments, you've got to face the truth, nanodayo," said Midorima.

"What'dye mean?"

"She was right about the score. We are now behind even though we had a good head-start in the first quarter. I believe that this needs to be addressed, nanodayo."

"Oh, so now you believe us?" said Mayu.

"I trust anyone who can make accurate predictions, nanodayo. Be it Oha-asa or—"

"Since when were we discussing Oha-asa?" said Mayu.

"Can we get back to the topic at hand?" said Kise.

"Yeah, right," said Mayu.

"What should we be doing, Soracchi?" said Kise.

"I don't know..." said Sora, fiddling with her water-bottle, "If anything, I want to sit this match out."

"If it's still about that time-out—" began Kise.

"—Yes, it is!" said Sora, "Do you think that in any other scenario I would have actually called a time-out two minutes before half-time? I don't think this is working my way, Kise-kun. Let's just say that I'm not in the right frame of mind to make strategies."

"Just let it go, Ryouta," said Aomine with a yawn.

"I refuse to!" exclaimed Kise, "At this rate, I will lose—"

"We won't," said Aomine.

"Mou... I'm a horrible captain," said Kise with a moan, "Here's Soracchi moping on one side and Aominecchi openly defying me on the other. If only I was Akashicchi--"

"—If only pigs could fly," muttered Mayu, "When will we be done with the pity party here?"

"Virgo is last today, nanodayo. Maybe you could obtain your lucky item," said Midorima.

"Shut up, four-eyes!" said Aomine.

"That's it!" yelled Kise, "I am going to coach and telling her that I can't be captain anymore. I hate this job! None of you ever listen."

"Great. Tell her to make me captain," said Aomine.

"And what would you do, nanodayo?" said Midorima.

"Follow the 'Chill 'n enjoy the thrill policy'," said Aomine.

"That concept is over-rated, nanodayo," said Midorima.

"So, are none of you sad that I'm stepping down?" said Kise.

"Is this really necessary?" said Mayu.

"Oi Ryouta, let me be captain."

"Even though I hate the job, I don't want to just hand it over to you, Aominecchi."

"I admit that Gemini has the best luck today. But Cancer follows closely. I believe that I am most qualified for the job, nanodayo."

"Enough!" said Sora, "Are you a bunch of three year olds? I'm already getting a headache!"

"So you want to be captain?" said Kise.

"What? No!" said Sora, irritated, "If anything, I wash my hands."