Today's fortune

"Hurry up, Sora!"

"Seijuro! You don't expect me to run through the corridors after you in search of someone who's not in proper dress code!"

"We're the disciplinary committee! It's our job," Akashi exclaimed without slackening his pace. Sora caught up with him and tugged on his sleeve. "Stop. Now."

"I can't just let him go, Sora!"

"I'm not asking you to!" said Sora impatiently. "I'm just asking you to use your twice damned brain!"

"What are you talking about?" he said confused.

"For one thing, if I wasn't so hooked up on catching him red handed like you are right now, I would have already caught him," said Sora with a cough.

"And how is that?"

"The guy you are searching for is a second year. Iki Kei."

"And how do you know so much?" said Akashi suspiciously.

"Oh, that's because I wasn't too busy running to notice the textbook he dropped," said Sora, showing him a rather worn out book.

"Interesting," said Akashi taking the book. "Good work. This is why I prefer to have you on patrol."

"I ran two flights up. This is why I prefer not to be on patrol," said Sora.

"This will help you play basketball better."

"You've got to be kidding..."

Sora headed wearily to the council office where Satsuki was inside. "Staircase marathon?" she said sympathetically.

"Trust me, you don't know the half of it," said Sora flopping down on one of the chairs.

"Aww. There's five minutes before assembly gets over anyway. Take a short nap if you want," said Satsuki.

"Up, Sora. According to protocol you can't..." began Akashi.

"Mou! According to protocol, if anything happens to her, you'd be responsible!" said Satsuki indignantly.

"That I wouldn't mind..." he said wistfully.

"And what were you thinking! Making a girl run up two flights of stairs..." continued Satsuki.

"She's part of the basketball club. She does the same training I do. It won't kill her."

"But still! What do you think, Sora-chan?" said Satsuki.

"I guess you'd have to wake her up to find out. She's already taken the liberty of a nap," pointed out Akashi.

-----------

"Are you sure about this, Shintaro?"

"It might be the best thing that has happened to everyone here. Now everyone would be armed against the whimsical nature of fate, nanodayo."

"Okay then. I agree. It's worth it."

"Thank you. You are one of the few to truly see the value of my proposal, nanodayo."

-----

"Why am I in the disciplinary council?" demanded Sora.

"Because you're part of the student council?" pointed out Akira. "Seriously, I'm part of it, for God's sake. And I'm not exactly a paragon of virtues..."

"But it's so annoying," huffed Sora. "Well, whatever. Let me enjoy lunch. Some quality time with my friends."

"Chillax, Sora-chan. No one's going to haul you away before you eat."