Traffic rules

"Doesn't look like the weather is going to improve," said Sora squinting up at the sky. The snow was threatening to become thicker. "We're going to be fine," assured Akashi. "But I propose we finish our stroll before it gets worse. Then we could always go inside one of the café's."

"Oh I don't know... It'll be tough for me to go home if the weather's going to become ominous," said Sora.

"Relax. I'll drop you."

"Okay."

Most of the people had left the park. Akashi and Sora were one of the few who were still braving the weather. "On second thought, let's go to the café over there. I don't want you to catch cold," said Akashi. The roads were not crowded although the occasional car sped by quickly hoping to reach the destination before becoming a prey to the snow. Sora and Akashi waited on one side of the road to cross it when they got the chance. A little boy came to stand next to them. He seemed to be a little impatient and tutted as each car crossed them. Suddenly he gave a frustrated cry and tried to run forward. Akashi grabbed his collar. "Just where are you going, young man?"

"Seijuro! What are you doing?" exclaimed Sora.

"Let go off me!" yelled the kid.

"This pipsqueak would have coloured the sleet on the road if I didn't have the mood to save his neck," snarled Akashi.

"Are you sure..." began Sora looking at the boy.

"Am I sure?" thundered Akashi. "For God's sake, I am the emperor, woman."

"Sorry..." said Sora.

"Don't be," said Akashi and then he addressed the boy. "Pipsqueak, explain yourself."

"Who are you calling a pipsqueak?" demanded the boy. "Mind your own business."

"When I ask, you answer," said Akashi in no kind tone. "And you're right, it's none of my business. Allow me to throw you back." Akashi grabbed his collar again. The kid whimpered a bit.

"Ssh, Seijuro. You're scaring him," said Sora interfering. Akashi growled and Sora fell silent. "You're insane!" exclaimed the boy in fright.

"Did you come here alone?" said Sora gently.

The boy paused. "Not technically..."

"Nice one, Sora. The good cop, bad cop routine seems to be working," whispered Akashi.

"Good cop, bad cop?" hissed Sora. To the boy she said "Will anyone be looking for you?"

"Not exactly..." mumbled the boy again.

"What do you mean?" said Sora patiently.

"I don't want to go back with him..." blurted out the boy.

"Him? Who?" said Akashi sharply. To Sora he whispered "This could be serious, Sora."

"Although I think we're dramatizing it, maybe," agreed Sora.

Just then someone ran up from behind them screaming 'Kenchi! Kenchi!' at the top of his voice. Sora and Akashi turned around and exclaimed in surprise.

"Kise-kun!"

"Ryouta!"

"Soracchi, Akashicchi, you're here are you..." said Kise sheepishly.

"More importantly, what are you doing here?" said Akashi.

"I came for Kenchi."

"Who?"

"My cousin. Shige Kenichi," said Kise pointing at the boy. Sora and Akashi exchanged glances. "He said he didn't want to go..." whispered Sora. Shige took that exact opportunity to cling to Sora's arm. "No! I don't want to go!"

"Oi, Ryouta. I would have considered kidnapping beneath even you," said Akashi.

"Kidnapping! And what's with 'even beneath you'?" said Kise in a hurt tone.

"Kise-kun, Seijuro thinks you have kidnapped him," said Sora with a cough.

"That was plain enough, Soracchi!" said Kise. "But he's just my little cousin!"

"I'll need the whole story before I let pipsqueak go," said Akashi.

"Hey!" protested Shige.

"Okay, here goes," said Kise taking a deep breath. "I was taking Kenchi along with me to my shoot. He wanted some candy along the way. So I asked my manager who was driving to stop at the square and Kenchi bolted once the car stopped. Mou, that's the whole story! My manager is already mad... Kenchi let's go, please!"

"Seems plausible. You can take him, Ryouta," said Akashi.

"Hey, you can't just hand me over!" protested Shige.

"Watch me," said Akashi.

"Kenchi, hurry up!" moaned Kise.

"No!" said Shige resolutely.

Sora interrupted this heated debate by a loud sneeze. "Sorry!" she amended. "My bad..." muttered Akashi. "Now you've caught a cold... What shall we do?"

"Why don't you two go to the mall or someplace else?" said Kise.

"Ah, no. But it looks like we've walked far off from our starting point itself... I'll have to ring for the car..." said Akashi.

"I'll drop you!" said Kise brightly.

"Are you sure, Ryouta?" said Akashi.

"Yup! Oh, but we'd have to take the long route. They've put up a block..." said Kise.

"Yes, we saw that on our way here. It'll just be a hassle to you..." said Akashi. Sora desperately tried and miserably failed to cover up a sneeze and that seemed to settle a lot of issues. "Sorry to intrude on you, Ryouta," said Akashi.

"Not at all, Akashicchi!"