Sides

"I'm scared," said Akira.

"You're going to have to deal with it," pointed out Yukiji.

"No one asked you to fill Kise-kun's shoes with whipped cream," said Sora, "I guess you'll have to take whatever's coming."

"Whose side are you on? And p.s; how come you guys are so calm? You can't afford to be lax you know. What if they try to prank you too?"

"I'd like to see them try..." said Sora wistfully.

"You don't have to be scary either," said Akira with a facepalm.

"We're open to the possibility," assured Yukiji.

"Guys, guys, calm down. We're out here in the midst of nature and all you can think about is this?" muttered Sora.

The much-awaited training camp had finally begun. They had come to their usual retreat, the mountains, again. The teams were having the first evening off and they were either resting in their rooms or loitering about. Sora was sharing a room with Miyu who had gone out to meet her twin. Akira and Yukiji were giving her company and discussing about strategies. Sora heard a knock on the door. "Come in," she called out. Satsuki entered the room. Like last year, she was sharing with the girls' team. Satsuki seemed to be in a state of distress and was wringing her hand. Sora frowned. "What's wrong?"

Satsuki immediately began to sob dramatically. "Why don't you take a seat?" said Sora carefully. Satsuki sniffed and sat down. "I'm in a conflict, Sora-chan..." she said.

"Aren't we all?" said Yukiji.

Sora nodded. "I can't even think of the last peaceful evening I had..."

"Wouldn't that be last July... No... March. Hell, I can't remember," said Akira ruefully.

"I can't decide whose side I am on!" interrupted Satsuki loudly.

Sora blinked. "Beg pardon?"

"It's like this" began Satsuki, "You and the guys have challenged each other, right?"

"War!" said Akira raising her hand while Yukiji pulled it down again.

"Yeah," said Sora, "In the more meager, petty sense of the word... For whatever it counts..."

"You see, I'm the manager of the guys' team. So perhaps I should be supporting them..."

"But?" said Akira.

"Hey, I love you guys. Girl power!" said Satsuki raising her hand weakly, "I have no idea what to do..."

"I'm not sure myself..." said Sora ruefully.

"You're recruited!" said Akira holding out her hand.

"Shouldn't we clear this out with them first?" said Sora, "I mean, we can't exactly steal their manager."

"Satsuki is our friend!" said Akira.

"Aren't we all friends here?" pointed out Yukiji.

"Yeah..." admitted Akira.

"What now?" demanded Satsuki.

"We'll go clear it with them," said Sora.

"You will?"

"I'm coming too. Don't worry Suki-chan. They're arrogant nut-heads. They won't admit they need you anyway," said Akira, "Yuki-san, pass the weapon."

"Here," said Yukiji with a laugh, throwing a small scale at Akira.

"Way to go," said Sora with a laugh, "No clearer message that you 'rule'."