Locked

"Well, this is just wrong!" exclaimed Akira.

"Yeah," said Satsuki gloomily, "Sorry, I should have done it myself. I had no idea they would act like that."

"You have nothing to apologize for" said Akira firmly.

"She's right," said Sora with a nod. "I'm a bit disturbed though. I had no idea that they would take it to heart."

"No kidding, right," sighed Akira.

"Dinner is hell'a boring," commented Yukiji, "Everyone is sitting according to their string."

Sure enough, everyone was sitting in tiny batches and making much less ruckus than usual. The only ones who looked really happy about this were the coaches. They had much less trouble on their hands now. Sora glanced at Akashi who quickly looked away. They had apparently come to an unspoken truce not to appear friendly in front of their teams. Sora turned away too because she didn't want to look like she was staring. She had even met Aomine near the doorway and for the first time he passed her without trying to pull her leg in some way or the other. And as for Kise, Sora was restraining a desire to throw something at his bright blonde head which was currently facing away from her to bring him to his senses. What really grated was that Midorima and Kuroko had joined the game too. Well, at least Kuroko had still tried to be cordial... Murasakibara just seemed extremely obsessed with his food that day. Either that or he was trying to shield himself from the awkwardness using the sugary goodness.

"Do you think they're going to try to prank us back?" ventured Akira again.

"After this evening... Definitely," said Sora.

"Shut up... You're the least liable anyway."

After dinner, Sora and the girls tried in vain to pass time in the lounge. After a quite flat game of charades, everyone decided to call it a night. They headed over to the dorm again.

"Really, I'm bored," said Akira flopping down.

"Copy that..." said Sora gloomily.

"Why don't we think of something to do?" suggested Yukiji.

"Music?" suggested Akira.

"Sure" said Yukiji.

"Oh, Sora-chan, you are never playing that instrumental sh*t again..." said Akira.

"I agree..." said Yukiji.

Sora looked at them with horror. "What? It was nothing personal..." said Akira.

"No... I just remembered. I left my purse downstairs," said Sora, mortified.

"You can't be so absent minded!" reprimanded Yukiji.

"Sorry. I'll go fetch it right now," said Sora.

"Damn, if I wasn't so beat, I'd come with you," said Akira, "It's just that I expended most of my energy trying to track down that infernal spring onion today."

"Spring onion?" said Yukiji.

"I think she means Midorima-kun," said Sora, "White jersey... Green hair..."

"How badly do you need that purse?" said Yukiji.

"Yukiji-san! My phone, my id... Everything is in that!"

"Oh. Shall I come with you?" said Yukiji.

"Nah, you're right. I'll go myself. It is my bad after all..." said Sora.

"Be safe," cautioned Yukiji.

Sora nodded. She left their door and walked towards the dining room. What she didn't notice was that the lock clicked slightly behind her as she left. Sora thankfully found her purse on the table and grabbed it and walked back towards her dorm. When she tried to turn the handle, the door refused to budge.