Confusion

The ten players faced each other at the center of the court. Sora looked at Akira and Yukiji standing opposite to her and gave them a small smile. Yukiji stuck out her tongue and then winked whereas Akira gave her a pleading look and pouted. Sora grinned. This would probably be the first time in ages since she had played without one of them on her team but now that meant that she would be going against strong opponents and that fired her up.

They had decided that Aomine would be the one from their side to stand for the tip-off. "Aomine-kun, don't jump with Murasakibara-kun," whispered Sora as she moved to take her place and then sighed. He would probably ignore her anyway. Sora briefly considered going back and trying to use reverse-psychology on him but then let the idea slip. There was a good chance that being the ace of the g.o.m made him more than capable of taking care of himself.

"Cast aside too, Sora?" said Akashi dully as she took her place.

"You know, looking at you cheers me up," said Sora with a laugh.

"Any other time, this would have actually made me feel better... Knowing that you were so fixated—"

"—Nah! I just know that there's at least one person on court who's taking this issue worse than I am right now," said Sora with a laugh.

Akashi blinked. "That's it! I will have you all on your knees by the time this game is over."

"Save your breath, oka. You might need it."

(A/N: Oka- Mom)

Akashi swore lightly and looked towards the duo who were standing for the tip-off. "Yosh! Let's begin," said Sanada sensei, throwing the ball in the air with a short blast on his whistle. The ball flew in its high arc and began its descent. It had only moved down a few inches before Murasakibara knocked it away. Akira who was standing nearby caught the ball.

She tried to move towards the hoop but Kise took the ball from her. He ran in the opposite direction. He spotted Sora standing a short distance from him. "Soracchi catch!"

Sora caught the ball. "Oro? Ryouta's passing to you?" said Akashi.

Sora was momentarily confused because she didn't immediately realize that they were on the same team now. Akashi used her confusion to take the ball. "That was a trick!" exclaimed Sora.

"It's all in the game, sweetheart," said Akashi with a grin, "Tamotsu, catch!"

Akira received his pass and started to move towards their hoop. "Heh..." said Sora with a small smile, "Akira-san! I'm here."

"Oh... Right!" said Akira and passed to Sora on reflex.

"What the--" began Akashi.

"All in the game, sweetheart," said Sora imitating him and heading towards the hoop. But she was blocked by Murasakibara. "That's quite enough, Sora-chin."

"Try to stop me!" said Sora, jumping.

"This is foolish!" said Murasakibara jumping lightly.

"Kise-kun!" said Sora passing sideways to Kise.

"Yeah!" said Kise catching the ball.

"You can't pass me at short range, Kise-chin!" said Murasakibara.

"Watch me!" said Kise and went head on.

"Kise-kun, wait!" exclaimed Sora, "Midorima-kun's just behind!"

But it was too late. Murasakibara knocked the ball and it rolled in the open court. Luckily Mayu scooped it up. But she was blocked by Yukiji who took the ball from her. She passed the ball to Akashi. Akashi moved forward, only to be blocked by Aomine. Aomine tried to keep him at bay and the two seemed to be in perfect equilibrium as they never seemed to budge from their position. Now and again they would move a few steps back and forth. Akira was close by. She waved her hands, signaling for Akashi to pass but Akashi either didn't notice or ignored her. Sora moved to help Aomine but Kise stopped her. "What are you doing, Soracchi?"