1. Adulting Sucks

Life was indeed something else.  No fantasy book would have prepared me for what happened to me, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Everyone talked about independence, how great it was moving out from your parent's home, and how liberating it was. Your place, your rules. You can make the noise you wanted, bring as many friends as possible...

Yeah, it sounds like a teenage dream... That is until you need to start paying bills and be careful how you spend money because you need to go shopping for groceries for that month.

No one ever mentions the bad side of things. Damn, those fuckers.

Though I must admit, I knew what I was getting myself into.

Yeah sure, I could no longer buy a Starbucks or a muffin at Dunkin' Donuts like before because I was living under my parent's roof with them paying the bills and groceries. I guess it was a sign that there was no better chance than now to start losing weight.

Yay...

Adulting sucks, but it would also have sucked to stay in my parent's home country living under their roof.

I wasn't miserable anymore.

Since I moved all the way to Netherlands from Cuba, I was forced to take an active part in taking care of myself. No more asking mom to buy me pads and pills for the pain. No more yelling for more toilet paper, I have to remind myself to buy when there's little left so I don't have to get creative like that time in my first month here after moving.

I shiver.

That was an awkward walk.

I have to be 99% present in my life now, and even though the new responsibilities that had fallen onto me had me tired.., I feel alive, more connected with myself and the environment. I just hope I can keep this up.

I would have first liked to move to the United States, but Netherlands provided a better healthcare system. United States one sucks. So that was a big no for me.

But I guess none of that matter when you end up in a place that isn't supposed to exist or be real at all. When the lack of toilet paper is the least of my concerns when the people themselves are dangerous. Now an armed guy is not so threatening than fire and sharp fangs...

Fine, I bet you just want me to continue with my story, isn't it? I guess no one really cares about boring details, so I tell you how it all started... Soon...

 Soon