33. Dirty Work

***TWO MONTHS AGO***

????:

"I didn't steal all that jewelry for nothing! So you better not screw this up, you hear me?" she snarls like she's been doing lately.

I know I could only nod and not say a word. I needed to please her, to do what she demanded of me to keep her happy. But my beast didn't like it one bit. He refused to acknowledge her which confused me to no end. She was ours, she was our world, so, what changed?

He growls at that and I lower my head.

I knew what changed.

"I won't screw this up, baby. I know what's at stake. Leave this to the warlock and I" I say with a calm voice.

"You better," she growls and turns to leave the room.

I sigh. Why does it feel like she doesn't love us anymore?

My beast send images of the past five months, and the last week. He is scolding me for turning a blind eye to what she's been doing. I... I am not... She told us it was for us.

This is for us, and it will all be worth it in the end.

Eventually, I had to block my beast. He wouldn't shut up once we found out what we were getting rid of. But she had reassured us that it was poisoned, great evil was growing inside, and if we didn't get rid of it, we wouldn't be able to be together.

I knew I had to do what I was told. We were meant to be together. What kind of world would I be living in if I wasn't living alongside her?

"Hurry up, kid" the warlock hissed and I bit my tongue, holding back a growl.

Who is he calling a kid? Not because he is basically ancient dust, means everyone else is a baby.

"I'll be quick"

I quickly passed through the portal, which felt weird and off. I've never left the dragon realm, and never really dreamed of going to another realm, yet, here I am, entering another realm that seemed too... quiet and odd.

I sniffed the air and couldn't identify any scent my nose detected. The hair at the back of my neck stood on end, sensing the danger of the unknown.

I was surrounded by vegetation, so it was hard to be able to look ahead for any danger. I knew I had to rely more on my senses to detect noise and scents, and yet, at the same time, I couldn't. All smells and noises were different and new to me, so I didn't know if they were from a dangerous creature or a creature that didn't pose any threat.

Damn it.

I knew that I was in a precarious situation, and to leave this place I needed to hurry.

I scout the area, going for miles. I noticed many buildings were clearly abandoned in the middle of this... wild earth.

I thought these buildings were a good hiding place until I noticed people coming and scouting. They called themselves... explorers. I knew that those buildings couldn't be.