20. To Avoid A Dragon King

Phoenix

A growl leaves my throat, the walls shake at the force and intensity. I groan, my body shivering with pleasure at my speed. I pump faster, unable to take the image and the feeling of her from my mind.  

I close my eyes, cold water falling over my bent body.

My claws came out, scratching the shower wall while I grind my teeth together, fighting against the impulse to murmur her name.

Lilly.

My beast pants and I growl again, unable to hold back a moan.

"FUCK!"

I came undone when my traitorous beast brought the image of her body close to mine, my hand inside her dress wanting more of its warm and soft feeling. Her smell...

I shudder. 

I stay still, regaining back my breath.

"Damn it," I swear, realizing what I have just done.

I would have never thought I would let a puny human affect me... But the thing was... that Lilly wasn't punny, nor any human. She was the mother figure to my son, and the sight of her bonding with my child brought me great pleasure, and I couldn't deny that anymore.

My beast was making the whole situation difficult. He wanted her for himself, he wanted to mark her and mate her, to make her our Queen and let the whole realm know she was ours and to stay the fuck away.

I couldn't control myself when I saw her yesterday with my cousin. A fit of jealousy unknown to me overpowered all my senses and suddenly I wanted to be selfish and take her away.

And I did just that.

Everyone in attendance knew I was fond of the human now, and no one dared to play or approach a King's female.

"No! She is not mine!" I retorted angrily. My beast growled in response, pointing out that my hard member said otherwise. "Everyone gets a hard-on from time to time" I mutter angrily.

But not by the thought of a particular human.

Lilly:

I woke up with a start, feeling my heart in my throat. I sit up, swallowing hard. I felt dread having my heart in a tight grip. I wonder what would happen today. The mere thought of facing Phoenix today gave me anxiety.

What were his thoughts about what happened last night between us? Did he regret it? Because, in all honesty, I do not.

I knew I was only a human to him, someone he learned to accept for the sake of his son. Did that fact sadden me? Yes. Since he came to terms that I wasn't going anywhere and Brax wanted me as his mother, I have discovered a new side of him. He wasn't such an asshole anymore. He was like a puzzle which pieces I've been finding little by little, completing picture by picture, getting to know him.