5. My Son At Last

Phoenix:

Everything was going great. My kingdom was going through a peaceful and prosperous era. I had a loving partner by my side who was pregnant with the heir of the crown.

But everything came crumbling down when she disappeared after laying the egg. I was both excited and devastated. Dragons knew the gender of their child the moment the egg was laid. If the scales were pointy and sharp meant it was a girl, if the scales were round and plain, meant it was a boy.

It's a baby boy.

I was betrayed by the one I thought I loved, but when I saw a lot of expensive stuff missing, the hurt was replaced by anger. I couldn't allow myself to love someone who would betray and steal from me, and not only that but abandon her child.

I sent guards to look for her, and was shocked and hurt to be told that she was with a man who was carrying her mark. Now I know she always avoided the subject of me marking her even after finding out she got pregnant.

Now I am thankful.

I decided her betrayal wouldn't stop me from raising my child properly and giving him the life he deserves. I was doing a fine job as a single parent. I built a nest in the corner of my room for him, excited to see how he finished it once the egg hatched.

And then again, everything fell apart when I couldn't find the egg in his nest. The walls still have the effect of my loud roar of anger and hurt. The wooden floors were uneven and the walls showed signs of cracking.

I looked everywhere. I couldn't find my egg and wouldn't allow myself to rest until I found my son safe and sound.

I am confused about how this could have occurred. How could I let it happen under my watch? I knew I would never forgive myself if something happened to my baby boy.

The whole kingdom was under lockdown, everyone looking everywhere, devastated that the egg of the heir had been stolen.

Who dared to do such a thing? Who dared to steal from the king? Kidnapping his egg?

When I found the person who has him would pay the price of a painful and agonizing death.

 I wait in the shadows for the human to wait, my claws out as well as my fangs, my inner beast anxious to rip the human apart from taking our offspring

I wait in the shadows for the human to wait, my claws out as well as my fangs, my inner beast anxious to rip the human apart from taking our offspring. My whole body was tense and buzzing with adrenaline.

But I needed to wait if I wanted to come victorious.

I could hear my son scratching the door and whimpering. My heart ached at the thought that I missed the hatching of my own son. That is one of the most important days of a parent, and that mutt has taken that from me.

The moment the human came into view I lunged at her ready to rip her heart out. I took delight in her horrified expression.

"I know you have him. WHERE IS HE?!" I roared, squeezing her throat. I had to remember to control myself. I wasn't in my realm where I could free my true nature. Now in the human realm, I have to be careful.

She whimpered, struggling to bring air to her lungs. How I craved the sound of her neck breaking.

"THE EGG YOU MUT! WHERE IS IT?!" I insist growling, my patience wearing thin. I notice her sight unfocusing and I groan. These humans were so weak and useless!

I was about to force the truth out of her when a ball of fire was thrown at my face burning my eyes and a weight knocking me back to the floor, and losing hold of the human.

I blink and stare at my baby dragon growling and snapping at me, to later stand in front of the female in a protective stance.

I stayed still, bewildered at what was happening. Why would my own son growl at me? And even worse, protecting his kidnapper?

"My child. I am your father..." I mumble out of words. My heart breaks for him. I wonder what she did to my son for him to be behaving in such a way.

He stops snapping but keeps growling lowly and starts sniffing the air, getting close to me little by little until his snout is pressed against my skin. It takes a moment but soon he is winning and on my face licking and rubbing.

I laugh hugging him, forgetting all about the human lying close to me.

"My son" I whisper pressing my forehead with his. He barks happily, his tail moving from one side to the other showing his contentment.

"Let's go home, my boy" I say taking him in my arms, and opening the portal to my realm.

He wiggles free from my arms when I take a step into the portal and stands over the unconscious human barking at me, staring at me expectantly.

I frown.

"No" I growl harshly. "She kidnapped you!"

He shakes his head once, licking and rubbing on her showing me that she likes and trusts her. I press my lips together, concluding that there's something I am missing.

"Fine" I groan not happy with the outcome. I take the human female in my arms and my son jumps to join the 'hug' and cross the portal all the way to my realm appearing right outside my room, not wanting any prying eyes on us.

I open the door and step inside closing the door behind me sighing having no clue what to do with the human in my arms.

Brax jumps from my arms and glides down and lands on my bed. I stare at him shocked that he learned to do that on his own. He stares at me and barks stepping on his back legs and pointing to the bed. I growl lowly, not wanting the filthy smell of the human on my bedsheets but I end up giving in to my son's demands.

Damn it, he already had me wrapped in his little claw.

I lay her down and he instantly lays close to her, laying his head on the crook of her neck.

I have plenty of questions regarding my son and the human relationship. He wasn't behaving as if she was his captor but rather his...

I growl shaking my head. NO WAY IN HELL!

Hope she enjoys her time sleeping because once she awakes no one will save her from me.

🐉🐉🐉

Welp, how do you like the story so far? Leave your thoughts!

What do you think Phoenix will do to Lilly once she awakes?

I read you!