18. Human Babies Are Useless

*Please do not take offense with the title, lol. Phoenix is to blame.

Here a picture that inspired Phoenix, but this has more a boyish face and Phoenix does not. Think about Henry Cavill kind of man😉

 Think about Henry Cavill kind of man😉

(Thoughts?👀)

I forced myself to not hide, no matter how badly my instincts were telling me to cower and hunch over.

I walk through the main hallway towards the ballroom. My chin was up, my back straight, and my walk resembled one of a powerful and confident woman. Everything I was not, but couldn't let the others know how much I wanted to hide in a dark corner, to go unnoticed.

I felt stares, but didn't dare to look at the shifters and see what kind of stares they were. Were they of disgust? Resentment? Shock? Were they impressed or wondering why the hell was I there?

I arrived at the open doors of the ballroom for the guests that were still arriving. I inhale before descending the small flight of stairs. This time I forced myself to look back at those who were staring at me. There were all kinds of expressions, and I didn't let those sneering at me or making faces of disgust affect me.

I look up when I hear a distinctive screeching and I smile wide when I see Brax flying clumsily above the guest toward me. I raise my arms to make it easy for him and embrace him when he finally reaches me.

"Hello, little one" I coo, letting Brax nuzzle my face.

Everyone around me seemed surprised that their prince and heir of the crown was showing love to the human so openly.

I cuddle him, scratching under his chin, feeling how he purrs. I pull him away when I notice him heavier and his scales softer...

"Did you do something? You seem... Different somehow" I wonder out loud, knowing he wouldn't answer me.

"He changed skin" a deep voice answers and I look up, my breath hitching.

Phoenix was... looking even more handsome if that was even possible. His long blueish hair was pulled back, with just a couple of small curls falling on either side of his face. He shaved and now he has a clean stubble that makes his jaw look sharper. He was wearing a dark regal suit with dark designs. It had gold on the edges and some blue jewels. He was not wearing a tie and had the first buttons open.

While I was openly ogling at him, I could feel his scorching gaze racking me up and down, his eyes stopping longer on my leg in the slit, and then my breast. Noticing his eyes on me made me feel... good, desired, beautiful.

"You look...."

I don't hide my smile when I notice him struggling to come up with a word.

"You look as good as ever, Your Majesty" I confess, doing a light bow, which he knew was just an act, almost a mockery.