52. Anything To Protect My Family

Lilly:

I felt hopeless in the position I was in, chained to the wall like some kind of animal that misbehaved. I bet that if I still had my beast, I would be able to break the chain with no problem at all.

All I could think about was Brax. He wasn't here in the barn where my mate's psycho ex brought me in. There were two options: either she had him elsewhere or she lied to me so I would go with her.

I really hope was the last option.

At some point, she came back gloating with a man. He looked like he didn't want to be there, which gave me hope, but then again, who was he? I saw a mark on her shoulder, but I would thought her mate would be supportive of her, so maybe he was another unlucky soul that fell under her clutches.

I cursed at her, trying to provoke my beast to wake up, to appear, but nothing. I needed to stop her. She planned on killing me and Brax, and killing Phoenix when he was mourning and most vulnerable. She was insane! Seriously!

How could she think she would get away with this? Noted, she has me here, and without my dragon, there's no way for Phoenix to find me. Will he find me on time? Was he able to get Brax before she did? So many questions... and I felt useless for not being able to get out of this.

I've been all day here, and there's been no time to die out of boredom because my anxiety and paranoia kept me preoccupied.

When the bitch decided to appear, she wasn't alone. She was holding my son!

I saw red when I saw her manhandling my boy while he tried to escape by flapping his wings and crying.

I growled at her, and screamed, pulling from my chains like a madwoman.

HOW DARE SHE KIDNAP MY SON?!

Brax heard me and looked at me. He had a muzzle on and cried when he saw me, calling out to me.

I started crying, helpless to do anything to save my baby boy from the psychopath.

WAKE UP!

I tried reaching out inside of me, desperate, but there was only silence.

PLEASE WAKE UP, OUR SON NEEDS US!

I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate. I looked through the darkness. I felt a slight pull. It's been many hours since the bitch gave me that bitter thing that sent my beast away, so its effect must be wearing off.

Brax called to me, desperate in her arms to get away from her and to me, to his momma. The bitch growled, annoyed, and forced Brax's wings to the side. In the silence, I heard a snap, and then Brax screamed like never before.

It was like the whole world stopped. My body tensed, shaking with rage. I saw red, Brax screeches of pain calling my motherly instincts forward and suddenly I snapped and pulled backward, my beast awakening and freeing herself, taking all control, snapping the chains broken.

 I saw red, Brax screeches of pain calling my motherly instincts forward and suddenly I snapped and pulled backward, my beast awakening and freeing herself, taking all control, snapping the chains broken