41. My Very Own Beast

Lilly:

I was in a daze. It felt as if I was undergoing an out-of-body experience. I felt everything, I could picture it in my head, but I was in the dark, so I really didn't know what was going on. 

There was a voice. It whispered that everything would be okay, to let myself go, not fight it. Was it god? I didn't know. But I do as the voice told me. Who am I to ignore God, after all?

I felt like floating. Everything was calm, but soon, unexpectedly, the pain started. I tried screaming at the feeling of my skin trying to expand, and my bones moving, leaving their place, but I couldn't move my mouth, it was covered by something.

Was I dying? It felt like it. The pain was excruciating. I wanted to run away, to get away from whatever was hurting me, but I was paralyzed, my extremities weren't responding, and that only helped to increase my fear.

"Calm down" I hear.

I looked around, trying to find the source, but there was only darkness.

"I'm not gonna hurt you"

Then, images started flowing into my mind, and I forced myself to relax. I think now I know what was happening...

"Just hold on"

The pain was still there, like my body was destroying itself to fold into something else. My bones broke their place to relocate. I grit my teeth, trying to hold on like the voice told me to.

Then, I feel like falling, I'm falling in place of my new self and I let out a growl, opening my eyes, ready to face whatever was happening to me.

I wait until the smoke clears and when it does, I notice many people surrounding me. They... looked so small...

I then look at me and my heart stops beating for a second.

Oh. My. God.

This wasn't happening! I did not just turn into a massive dragon!

I try screaming, calling for help, but from my mouth only comes out growls and screeches.

Okay, Lilly... Dont panic... DO NOT PANIC!

Okay, I'm definitely panicking.

I try to move around, the water around me splashing everywhere. I hear a groan and look down to see an old man trying to keep himself afloat. I panic and stop, raising a hand... paw for him to hold on to. He does so until the water calms down, and two other men get into the water to help him out.

"Queen!" I hear and look at the woman dressed in tribe-like attire. She had a staff and had her arms out to me. "Don't fret, your majesty. You are safe and completed the transition. I know you must be scared and confused. Please, allow me to guide you back into your human self so I can explain everything to you"