23. Brax's Cousin

Today, Brax and I slept in. It was our favorite thing to do on weekends. We would lay in bed cuddling way past eleven in the morning. Sometimes, his purring would lull me back to sleep, waking up past one in the evening only to find the apartment was made a mess because Brax got bored and hungry. 

It was really frustrating, but again, I needed to remind myself he was just a baby.

Today we didn't have much luck though.

We were cuddling when someone knocked on the door. Brax grumbled, annoyed he turned to hide his face under my chin. I wait for a second knock, and when it comes, the one annoyed is me.

"Comming!"

I stand up and put my robe on before opening the door. It was the same man that brought Brax yesterday.

"Good morning, Miss. I'm here to retrieve lord Brax. He has a guest today," the man informs me and I frown, wondering who that guest could be.

"Alright, one second"

I turn to wake up the sleeping monster, who only hides more when I say it's time to go.

"Come on, you have guests," I say, pulling the duvet away and he recoils. I laugh and grab his back legs, lifting him up.

He shrieks, flapping his wings and I laugh, and I know he is having fun. Somehow, he loves it when I manhandle him.

"Come on, buddy. Dutty calls,"

The man looks at me weirdly when I deposit Brax upside down in the pillow he is carrying. Brax calls me and I bend over to let him lick my nose as a kiss goodbye.

"See you soon, my baby darling,"

I close the door, smiling. Now I am in a good mood!

I walk out of the bathroom after showering, feeling like dressing in a summery dress

I walk out of the bathroom after showering, feeling like dressing in a summery dress. When I walked out already dressed, I heard Brax outside, and what surprised me the most, he wasn't alone.

I quickly walk to the window facing the gardens and I'm shocked when I see Brax playing with another dragon, which is bigger than him, probably the size of an adult German shepherd dog.

Then I spot Cassian watching them play with a smile and I know then it must be his daughter playing with Brax, who was his cousin.

Eager to see two dragons play, I rush out of the room and downstairs to the garden where everyone is.

Cassian was already looking my way as if sensing me.

"Took you long enough," he says with a smile, which I reciprocate.

I greet him with a kiss on the cheek and stand next to him watching our kids play.

Uff, our kids. The word sent butterflies flying in my stomach.