27. Like A Fucking Dog In Heat

Lilly:

The moment I turned around and saw Phoenix, I felt the urge to run to the lake and hide my body under the water, but I knew that if I ran, my body would jiggle and I would be giving a show to everyone.

Hard pass! 

Besides, I didn't want him to think I was running away from him, so my only option was to put up a strong and confident front.

I tried to meet his eyes, but his eyes were staring at my body, and the way his eyes darkened with lust... No. That's impossible, right? My body was reacting to the way Phoenix was looking at me, it took me back to the night of Brax's celebration, and how, for the first time, I desired him. His hard body against mine, his warm and calloused hand grabbing my body, the way his scent engulfed me...

I need to remind myself to breathe, my chest rising high in a big inhale, and his eyes land there, on my breast. Fuck, why he was acting like this? When we were keeping our distances. I shouldn't desire him, I shouldn't want to feel his hard body pressed against my naked one. I couldn't just picture him engulfing my whole breast in his mouth, sucking hard... his tongue playing with my nipple...

Lilly! Stop!

Phoenix is the one to snap me out of it. Thank god, because I swear, at any moment, I was going to pant like a fucking dog in heat. GEEZ.

"So... What did I miss?"

"I uh... I was taking revenge..." I stutter, suddenly feeling my mouth dry.

He smiles sideways, arching an inquisitive brow at me.

"They splashed water on me" I explain, suddenly feeling shy all of the sudden, which I don't understand. Why does Phoenix seem so intimidated now? Not in a way that makes me scared, but in a way I feel... insecure about myself, worried I might do something to humiliate myself.

Brax yells and leaves the water to run to his dad. Phoenix growls when Brax starts climbing his body to perch on his shoulders.

"Dman it, Brax. Remind me to slip your claws back at the palace."

Phoenix placed a hand on his side to soothe the sting of his claws.

Brax, at the mention of his claws being clipped, lets out a shriek and jumps off Phoenix's shoulder to glide to the sand and run back to the water.

I snort.

"Need help with that?" I ask, staring at him. He looked defeated.

"Yes, please," he says passing a hand over his face. "I dread when it comes to clipping Brax's claws. He is a fucking nightmare.

I bit my lip to hold in a laugh. He looks at me as if knowing.

"You'll need to restrain him like a damn boa. With legs and all," he warns me and I nod, I had to do similar when it comes to cutting my family's cat nails.

"What about the wings?"

"I'll need to tie them tight to his body..." he replies but adds when he sees my expression. "I do it with a soft fabric so it's okay"

I shrug. He was the dragon dad here, I didn't know about the matter. The image of Phoenix being hit by Brax's wings flapping frantically while trying to escape invades my mind and I couldn't hold the laughter anymore.

"Oh my god! I can imagine it!" I laugh.

"Talking about revenge..." I hear him say and when I turn to ask what he meant, I am hit by a ball of wet sand.

"Oh! My eye!" I scream, groaning with annoyance.

I hear Phoenix laugh and I open my eyes after cleaning them. The sight warms my heart. I missed seeing him laugh without a worry in the world. I really wished we could go back to where things were before, but I knew, for the sake of my heart, that couldn't happen.