26. Bad Idea

Phoenix:

The last couple of weeks have been hell. Never thought that seeing Lilly with another man would upset me so much. These emotions that harbor me were driving me insane. It just didn't make sense. I chose to reject Lilly and keep my distance, she shouldn't be affecting me the way she does at all.

I've tried to come up with a way to stop this, to make her stop affecting me, but to no avail. I knew my mark on her somehow triggered our bond to be created, and I'm afraid that those moments that were spent together only made it stronger. My desire for her just added to it.

At this point, there were two options: I must mark someone else as my mate, or someone should mark her as his mate, and the mark would disappear, breaking our existing bond.

When I thought about the option of someone marking Lilly, replacing my mark, my beast went ballistic, thus, making my ire grow strong. That night I spend it killing the criminals I keep on the palace's underground cellar. Those criminals were sentenced to death, but I kept some for this purpose. They were my punching bag. I guess they should be glad they had a quick death, which pissed me off a bit.

So these couple of weeks I have spent them locked in my office or visiting sites personally where they needed me. Normally, a project and investment take some months to develop and adjust, but I got to finish one of my main projects quicker than anticipated.

It was a center meant for the victims of abusive mates. It was a sanctuary for those running away from their mates and the mate's family, and were taken in. They were offered free accommodations and food and help to get back on their feet. There were counselors of different shifters at the victim's disposal. And I've also given the resources that were needed to punish those mates that mistreated their mates.

Mates are precious and sacred, they came into our lives to be loved and protected, and I don't take abuse lightly.

This project was already finalized and already running, and so far, it's been a success. This past week, twelve women and five men have arrived.

Once the project started, I could already see how it could help my kingdom grow and help me as the King to spread my influence. I've already been contacted by the head witch of the witch convent and the king of vampires. They've expressed interest in my Refuge Center, and are eager to offer their help, and have already invested in it and will continue to do so. They sent their representative officials to my kingdom to make the best of their help.

That way, we could create a plan to offer those shifters a safe way to go back to their respective kingdom if they so wished, and also offer their support in helping them find a job and accommodations.

The leaders of the Kingdoms were also demanding to take the abusive mates and supply resources to find them. I accepted this because I understood the leaders wanted to be the ones to punish their own kind.

I was proud of how quickly my new center has succeeded and will continue to do so. And while the word gets spread, more people will trust me and respect me, and those who are acting against their nature will learn to fear me. And those who refuse to fear me, I'll gladly teach them why they should fear me.

No one will escape me.

I was still in my office, playing with the pen I was supposed to sign the request for some funds for the center, and even though it was a matter of simply seconds, my mind couldn't shake the image of Lilly when she was about to leave for the lake ...

I was still in my office, playing with the pen I was supposed to sign the request for some funds for the center, and even though it was a matter of simply seconds, my mind couldn't shake the image of Lilly when she was about to leave for the lake with the kids and... Cassian.

We crossed paths when I returned from stealing fresh sweet bread from the kitchen, which was still warm on my hand. She told me their plans and that I was welcome to join, though by her body language, ready to leave, told me she already knew I was going to decline, and I did.

The thought of being there while she interacted with my cousin made me angry all over again, and that only made me even angrier because why the hell did that anger me?

She was wearing a loose cover-up, it was a bit see-through, and was able to admire her curves and the margin of the swimsuit she was wearing. She looked fresh, and just as beautiful.

I hated not being able to interact with her like before I rejected her. We were acting as if we were strangers to each other. I have yet to find a moment to ask her if the layer that has taken over her body hurts and if there is anything she needs.

But of course, she would never ask me directly if she needed something. I had taken the matter into my own hands, like with her clothes or the money she would need to live here. I wonder if she was scared she would upset me with her request, or if she thinks I would turn her down.

She was the mother of my son, and wanted her to live as comfortably as possible. Whatever she asked for, she would get it. Funny enough, I know she's been spending the money I gave her, but I've yet to see her wearing shiny diamond earrings or an expensive gold bracelet.

In the end, I find myself standing up from my desk, leaving the papers unsigned, knowing fully well I have lost my own mental battle.

I go up to my chambers to change into light clothes and start for the lake, knowing fully well I might be walking straight into my nightmare.

When I break the treeline, I stop in my tracks when I notice Lilly on the shore, laughing maniacally. I am puzzled as to what is happening, but soon my mind wanders to her body. I inhale sharply when I find her generous ass facing me in those bikini bottoms. I swallow and continue staring, noticing the dimples on her lower back. I go back to her legs and bite my lip. They were not skinny, but not very big. They were perfect for me to grab and...

"Lilly?" I mutter, forcing myself to snap out of my desired clouded mind.

She turns abruptly, a shocked expression adorning her face. And I might be an asshole, because my eyes instantly landed on her generous breast, eager to escape the contraction of the bikini top.

Fuuuuuuuuck, this was such a bad idea.

🐉🐉🐉

Well, what a perv Phoenix is lol. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Next chapter will be posted Thursday !

I must ask... do you like poetry? I started with poetry, but just did it to put my feelings into words. I haven't written a poem in a long while, but lately I felt more inclined to write poetry, probably because my emotions are all over the place.

So idk, would you like if I posted a book of poetry? Wouldn't be anything official really. I'll just post my poems there and leave it alone. I just like sharing my writing with people because maybe someone is feeling something that can't be put into words and feels reciprocated by my poems.

So idk. Would you like it? Is nothing like pro or amazing. It might not have the correct form, but idk, I worry more about the words than the structure lol

So that would be all my lovers, see you soon!