28. I Yield To My Wants

You asked for it and you got it! You better make me my own gold statue I swear!

Phoenix:

Faking I was in a good mood and the smile on my face was starting to piss me off. I fucking hated the interaction between Lilly and Cassian. The way they talked and teased each other so casually.

I found myself wanting that. I wanted Lilly to treat me like that, to trust me, to smile at me. Fuck, I missed it when she smiled at me. How corny is that? I loathed it, but I couldn't just stop feeling what I was feeling. And while I look at Lilly... I realized I still wanted her. I wanted her affection, her attention, I wanted all of her.

"C'mon, Lilly! Get that pretty ass of yours in the water!" Cassian yells at her, who is still sitting on the deck with the kids, paddling her legs in the water.

I grit my teeth, trying really hard to not turn and growl at him, telling him to back the fuck off my woman.

My woman... No.

I couldn't do that, because...

She wasn't mine.

YET!

My beast roars in my mind, making my bones shake.

I groan massaging my temples. This son of a bitch was so annoying.

The chirp of Brax brings me some needed distraction and I see Lilly standing up to bring the basket they brought. Brax and Edith sit beside each other eager to be fed and Lilly does so happily. She smiles while feeding the kids and my heart swells at the sight. Her motherly instincts were very attractive to me in a way I never thought possible. Watching her take care of my son makes me want to take her in my arms and devour her mouth.

I force myself to look elsewhere, I just... couldn't do this.

When we returned from the lake, I locked myself in my office after changing in my room

When we returned from the lake, I locked myself in my office after changing in my room. I wasn't really working, instead, I was trying to make sense of what I was feeling.

Every time I looked at Lilly, this... longing settles in my heart, and I can't shake the feeling. I long for her, I long to feel the care and love she shows with Brax. I long for her touch, I long for her warmth.

There was a connection between us, I couldn't deny that no more. But... what am I supposed to do with this knowledge?

I raise my head when I hear a faint knock on my door and tilt my head, sensing the area. The presence was small, and I know Brax didn't have thumbs to knock. Besides, he is yet to learn the etiquette of knocking, he would burn a hole in the door if you didn't open it immediately. The brat.

"Edith, hello", I greet her when I open the door to reveal my little niece. She smiles up at me and lifts her arms over her head and I happily comply. "Up you go".

I carry her inside and walk with her to my office chair where I sit with her on my lap.

"What's up, kiddo?"

Suddenly, her demeanor changes to one of shyness.

"We-Well... I know Lilly is Brax's mommy, but... but my daddy really likes her, and... and... I really want her to be my mommy too!" she says, raising her voice.

I tense at her words. What does she mean by she wants Lilly to be her mother? A fear creeps up my spine, but I hold it in.

"What do you mean, darling?"

"Well, daddy is lonely, and in need of a mate. He is a bit scared to ask you, but I want her to be my mommy!"

I hold my breath, suddenly forgetting how to breathe. Does she mean... Cassian wants Lilly as his mate? Is he going to ask her to be his mate? Over my dead body.

I close my eyes. I couldn't snap in front of my niece. How dare my cousin try to take her away from me?

"Edith," my voice comes out guttural, a clear sign that my beast was close. My niece doesn't flinch and with a wide smile on her face, she jumps off my lap.

"I'm going to daddy now, he will be so happy you said yes!"

And she is gone. And the moment the door closes, my beast breaks free with no effort.

"NO!"

A growl that comes from deep within shakes the walls and floor. I stand up abruptly, my chair flying backward.

I stomp out of my office, I remember opening the door with a crack. Don't know if I took it off the hinges. My beast sniffed the air and went in search of Lilly.

Everyone that crossed my path was quick to tuck tail and run away when they saw me I was so close to shift.

"MINE!" he growls.

My beast sniffed the air and growled when he caught a whiff of her scent. Getting to her was the only thought in my mind, her beautiful face showing like a vision.

When my body turned a corner, I saw Lilly appearing in the corner at the end of the hall, she was quick to spot me and had a frown on her face as if she had sensed that there was something wrong. He growls a warning for her to not move and he stomps toward her, eager to reach her. My beast doesn't waste time, unwilling to let me take over, but right when I was about to reach her, my body stopped, and my beast yielded the reigns of my body, taking a step back.

I blink, taken aback by his attitude. Why did he do that? Lilly was right there, her back pressed against the wall. She knew I wouldn't hurt her, but she still looked uneasy, looking at me warily.

Then I understood. I remember her hurt when we were dancing at Brax's celebration. My beast wanted me to take the next step. He wanted her to know we both wanted her.

I hesitate. She couldn't be a queen, but I knew very well I didn't want anyone else. And I would be damned if I allowed someone else to touch her the way I wanted to touch her.

With a new resolve, I closed the distance and claimed her, without giving her the chance to process what was happening.

🐉🐉🐉

YOOOO! It finally happened!!! What you all have been waiting for is here, so enjoy!

What are your thoughts? Are you excited for the next chapter?

Because I'm awesome, I won't make you wait too long for next time, but I am also in villain mode so the next chapter will be on Tuesday!  So you'll suffer a little bit bwahahaha!