43. I love you

*Love you guys*

Phoenix:

I knew once I found Lilly, I would hold her and never let go, but when I saw her it was like my fear of her disappearance was pushed at the back of my mind, and replaced by shock. 

I was looking at my mate, but not the one I was used to. Lilly was now... a dragon... How is that even possible?! I have so many questions...

But I will be damned if her appearance didn't turn me on. She was beautiful. Her silver scales shined under the moonlight. She was a sight to behold. I just wanted to admire her and marvel at her majestic beast, but I knew there were pressing matters to settle between us.

I needed to tell her the truth, and she needed to tell me what the hell happened to her.

When she shifted, as if was something she had done a million times, I noticed her skin was back to normal. The layer was gone, now standing a soft and flawless skin. Did she... shed? It was just too hard to comprehend what happened to her... and how?

But no matter. I was happy to finally have her back with me unharmed. Now my family was back together and I couldn't ask for more.

I have fantasies about Lilly finally meeting my beast many times, but never thought would happen how it happened. But I was happy nevertheless. She was clearly impressed by my beast, and who knew her touch would be so... comforting.

I dreamed about flying her on my back like I was doing right now, but now that she is a dragon... it disappoints me a bit that she won't need to rely on me to go to places. I guess part of me wanted to feel useful, to cater to her needs and wants, and to feed her curiosity.

But it doesn't matter. Now, the three of us could fly as a family, and I'll get the joy and fun of teaching my mate to fly and how to be a dragon.

I'm looking forward to it.

Lilly:

We had to wait for Brax to fall asleep so we could move to another room to face the elephant of the room. Brax was clingier than ever now that he found me after my disappearing act. I felt bad for making my son scared and worried for me. If I'm being honest, I barely have any recollection of what happened, my mind was a mess when I tried to remember going out on a horse to who knows where.

I didn't know what was I thinking, really. I feel dumb for going into the unknown, anything could've happened to me. But maybe fate wanted it that way because I found people who knew what was happening to me and could help me.

When Brax finally started snoring, we left the room as quietly as possible and moved to another room, far enough away to avoid making noise and waking up our son.

We sat in the sitting area facing each other. We let the silence settle between us, waiting for the other to speak up.

I force myself to stay silent. I wanted to know why he left me alone when I needed him the most.