58. Two legs Instead Of Four

The chapter y'all been waiting for... has arrived...

It's been a week since our meeting with Phoenix's siblings. We agreed that they would move their families to the big hunting cabin, where we would do a trial. They had been settling in this week and Phoenix seemed more at ease now that they were in his territory where they would be monitored twenty-four hours.

When it was time to meet us, sitters would take the kids out. Their children vary in age, the oldest being nineteen years old and the youngest five.

I wanted to wait a week because I didn't want to risk missing Brax shedding before he finally shifted for the first time, and now it was the time!

He was completely covered in dry skin which he slowly is breaking out of. He's been itchy all day, and Phoenix announced he was ready. We've been locked in the bedroom keeping him company and helping him with the discomfort while keeping an eye on him.

"Oh my god, you can do it, Brax!" I cheered watching him wiggle on the floor. Then, suddenly, smoke started coming off his body. "Oh, fuck. Don't tell me he will be set on fire?!"

Phoenix chuckled behind me while hugging my body, his hand placed on my small bump of one month. Who knew I would be showing already, but figured since the pregnancy was short and the baby was growing in supernatural speed, as any supernatural creature, as Phoenix explained, it was to be expected.

"No, my love, it means he is about to shift," he said and I let out an excited screech.

"Brax. Brax. Brax!" I started cheering him while we watched more smoke covering his form until...

"Momma!"

Suddenly, out of the cloud of smoke, a little kid came running toward us and I instantly jumped away from Pheonix to embrace my son.

I might or might not elbowed him on the way.

"OH MY GOD! My baby! Look at you!" I cooed while hugging him tightly against me.

I never thought of myself as an emotional person. I thought that I wouldn't cry when I got married or hold my first child, but right now... I realized how wrong I was.

"Momma, momma, momma," he repeated with the most adorable voice ever, as if testing the word, finally able to communicate with us after so long.

I feel two strong arms surround us, squeezing us against the hard body of Phoenix.

"I can't believe his first word was momma," he joked, faking jealousy.

"Well, he was clearly momma's boy from the very start" I teased. "I don't know why you are surprised."

I yelped when Phoenix bit my neck playfully.

"Don't you dare steal my son from me, woman."

I turned around so Brax could hug his dad and he jumped on him giggling. At that sound butterflies awoke in my stomach and my heart threatened to explode at so much cuteness.

"Dada!" greeted Brax, kissing Phoenix's cheek.

"Now say that three more times and we will be even," Phoenix encouraged him and I laughed at his antics.

"Momma, Dada," he says again, staring at the both of us, and I couldn't help but admire my son.

He was a replica of his father, with Dark blue hair that under the light, almost looked purple, and his eyes were a clear violet with some yellow specks. He had a small button nose and round cheeks. He also had a few freckles under his eyes and on the bridge of his nose. He was adorable!