6. The Dragon Realm

Happy reading y'all <3

Lilly:

I wake up at a constant nudging of someone and I don't have to open my eyes to know who is it due to only the baby dragon and I lived in my apartment.

"You'll never stop being annoying, will you?" I say sleepily and I notice my voice hoarse and my throat itching. Then the memory of the big man assaulting me comes to the front of my mind and I sit up with my heart in my throat.

I looked around, to make sure the man wasn't around but my anxiety worsens when I don't see anything familiar. It was obvious I wasn't in my apartment anymore.

"Where the hell am I?" I shriek trying to calm down my breathing. Baby dragon starts licking my face noticing my state, trying to calm me down. I instantly hug him tight and he squeaks and I instantly loosen my hold but he growls back at me wanting to tighten my hold. The dude liked being weird.

"Have we just gotten kidnapped?" I asked the baby dragon.

A sharp laugh made me move my head so fast that my neck made a pop sound.

My face pales and I tighten my hold on the baby dragon when I see the man from before entering the room from a big door.

"I didn't kidnap anyone. I just brought my son back home and he insisted on bringing you along" he snarls the last part. I try to think of a reason why this dude hated my guts so badly but can't recall anything. I've never met him before!

"Who are you and..?" I start, ready to verbally attack him but something he said caught me off guard. "Your son? Who?"

I notice his jaw clenching, his eyes throwing daggers at me.

"My son, the dragon you are holding" he spats, showing his canines, as if hating the fact I was holding... his... wait, what?

"But... I don't get it... You are human and he is... a dragon..." I mumble.

At least I now know the gender of this cutie.

He lets out another sharp laugh that sends an unpleasant shiver down my back. I didn't like this guy one bit.

"I'm no human. Do not dare insult me"

I stare at him blankly.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose as if irritated that he had to explain what two plus two was to a toddler.

"I am a dragon shifter, and he is my son"

I keep staring, my mind trying to process what he just said.

I blink a couple of times and move my head to the side, inspecting him. At this point, I would believe anything, but he... looked human.

"It still doesn't make sense to me" I point out, knowing fully well my response will irritate him.

He groans and I smile inwardly.

He gets close to me so he can bare his canines elongated, his eyes flashing red with slits and his nails turning into claws.

A scream got stuck in my throat at the sight, terrified that he was feeling like ending what he started with me.

Baby dragon leaves my hold and stands on my knees barking to his dad to back off. The man only huffs and turns around. I see him breathe in deep breaths noticing his broad shoulders move up and down in a tense manner.

He then proceeds to go to the sitting area to sit on his own. I nudge baby dragon to go to his dad, feeling kind of bad for the guy, though I know I shouldn't take pity on him for how he has treated me so far.