25. This Is My Home Now

Lilly:

It's been a month since I arrived in this magical kingdom and my life changed drastically. From being a common human working to sustain my normal life and take care of only myself, I became not only a mother but the mother of a baby dragon, plus now living in another world among creatures that only existed in books and movies.

I bet not everyone could say that.

But oh well, this was my life now, and if I'm being completely honest, I wouldn't change it for the world. I wouldn't go back to the human realm even if I was offered a lot of money.

I loved this place. It was magical, and I had my baby boy with me.

I've been spending a lot of time with Cassian lately and sometimes Edith and Brax would tag along. He's been taking me all over the city showing me different places, trying different restaurants to try new types of food.

I still remember how in awe I was when I saw the first dragon flying over our heads so close to me. Normally, I would see them flying at a distance from the palace, but down in the city, everything was so wild! Wild in the sense I could see the life in this realm like never before.

Back at the palace, everything seemed normal, besides that Brax. Sometimes I would forget that the life there wasn't really normal -at least for me and where I come from-. But in the city, dragons would fly above the buildings, people would light fires with their mouths and use their claws to make things easier for them. I would see many baby dragons with their parents and sometimes you could hear a roar echoing in the streets.

There were also the different kinds of life and culture among the people. The flowers and plants were different, more vivid and wild, more magical. The food also looked a bit different, with colors that would imply food poisoning back in the human realm. Cassian also explained that sometimes other shifters visited the area. Vampires were easy to spot because they had either pale grey or red eyes and their skin was more ashy. Warlocks and witches were also easier to spot because of the way they were dressed and how they carried themselves. Often they would have their familiar with them or/and a staff.

Now I was no longer intimidated to be among shifters, and thankfully, I could notice they'd gotten used to my presence. Everyone knew by now that there was a human in the kingdom and only new visitors would actually bat an eye.

The lady from the bakery already knew me, because I've been down there like four times since the last time I went there before the ball. Her pastries are just so good! Nothing I've ever tried before, and those desserts with exotic colors were the ones that caught my attention more because they were so different from what I was accustomed to!

This place was starting to feel like home, and it was more fun to enjoy since Phoenix started giving me an allowance so I could go wherever I pleased and buy whatever I needed or wanted.

I have always been cheap, too scared to waste money in case I don't have enough for the future. So when Joseph came with a chest of gold and silver coins, I would save a percent of it in a bag in my wardrobe just in case. They were my savings and emergency funds.

But I have to admit, it brings so much relief to go shopping for what you require and no need to worry about the price or even check the price because you know you have enough. The other day I even bought a pair of high boots, two dresses, and three skirts without even looking at the price! It felt weird, but the sense of freedom was real.

Today, Cassian, Brax, Edith, and I would go to a lake that was in the palace territory after a square of land occupied by forest. I invited Phoenix but he said he would see if he could make it. I took it as a no.