36. A Fever To Kill

Enjoy my lovers

Lilly:

After soaking my skin in hot water and then applying the elixir right after, I sit on the couch of the sitting area of Phoenix's bedroom, or I guess our bedroom. 

Damn, that still felt weird.

I put my legs up to rest and grab a book with one hand and the other taking the biscuits to my mouth. Lately, after being uncomfortable all day with my skin being so tight and itchy, sweets were the thing to rely on.

I haven't seen Phoenix or Brax in all day. Last night we sent Brax to spend the night with his aunt while we spent the night pretty much naked and sweating. Fuck. I really couldn't get enough of my king. His growls only made my cunt drip and of course, Phoenix took notice of this, using this to his advantage.

This man could really eat a woman out very very good!

Just the mere thought of his big naked body on top of mine made me all work up and was about to take care of my horny self when I hear the door opening.

I turned around and smiled at Phoenix and stood up to greet him who was still standing in the doorway. I go to embrace him but stop when I notice him taking a step back.

I hold in a breath, confused at his reaction.

"What is it? Is everything okay? You look..."

"I'm fine" he replied quickly and looked away. "There's... Something happened that I need to take care of, and I won't be able to spend time with you for a while... neither will Brax."

His words leave me stunned. My heartbeat picked up, panic settling in my chest. My gut was telling me that something was wrong, but what? Was he rejecting me? Was he leaving me? But I was his mate! And mates were for forever! Why would he do this to me?

"What happened? And why are you leaving with Brax?"

The thought of not being able to see my mate or my son made my heart ache, it almost felt physical.

"Did I do something wrong?" my voice breaks when I say the words.

Fuck! I knew I wasn't good enough! I knew he was out of my league!

"Lilly, no. It just... I need to take care of this, okay? I will come back to you. But for a few days, I can't see you"

I don't say anything. I knew by the knot forming in my throat, that if I spoke a word I would break down, so I simply nodded, taking a step back.

He turns to leave the room, closing the door behind him. And only when the door was closed, did I let the tears out.

Okay... He wasn't leaving me... but we couldn't see each other. What was going on? What happened since this morning when he left me in bed to go to his office until now?

I go over to the bed and sit down, wincing at the pain the motion causes. I knew he said he wasn't going to leave me, but his absence still hurt. I would understand he needed to disappear for a bit, but why Brax? He was a baby, why did Phoenix need him to take care of whatever came up?

I could only hope he would be able to fix whatever happened and be true to his word, that he would come back to me, to his mate.

I lie down, deciding that I will be sleeping in early, hoping that maybe, if I sleep most of the day, time will pass quickly, and soon I will have my mate and son back with me.