54. My Baby Daddy

Lilly:

I found myself submerged in darkness once again, and I could hear the beating of my heart increasing in my ears.

I tried to get ahold of something but I was floating on a void without really a tangible body. 

"Get me out of here!" I scream, desperate.

My surroundings shake with a grumble, and then silence. I silently cry, begging for Phoenix to come and save me from this nightmare.

"Phoenix!" I cried louder. "Phoenix!" I cry, jolting upright. I feel hands on my shoulders trying to calm me down.

I blink a couple of times, and my vision focuses on Phoenix's room.

"Lilly," I hear and it's when I notice Phoenix looking at me with fear and worry plastered on his face, holding my shoulders in a firm but warm grip. "It's okay, you are okay. It was just a nightmare," he reassured me, pulling me into his chest.

But it wasn't a nightmare, it really happened, and it has me shaking, tormented by the memories.

"I won't shift ever again," I mumble against his bare chest. I hear him sigh, but doesn't say anything.

I take deep breaths, clearing my mind, and when my heart settles at its normal speed, it's when I remember.

"Brax!" I say in a panic, pulling away from Phoenix, and looking around. I feel a body press against me and I look down at my baby boy, crying into my chest. "Oh my god, Brax," I cried holding him gently, noticing his bandaged wing. Seeing his wing brought an old rage back, and Phoenix seemed to notice because he was quick to calm me down.

"It's over, Lilly. She can't harm us anymore," he says softly, getting behind me so he is hugging all of us.

I frown at his words.

"What do you mean?" I ask craning my neck to look at him at my back.

He opens his mouth in shock but soon is replaced by sadness and defeat.

"You don't remember?"

His question made an alarm go off in my head.

"Why? What happened?"

I turned around with Brax still in my arms so I could look at Phoenix.

He gave me a look as if he pitied me, and I hated it.

"Your beast killed her." he simply said.

I froze, wondering what happened while my beast was in control, but I didn't pry any further. It was best not to know. I had no memory of whatever happened after my beast woke up and pushed me away, deep into my consciousness. I only woke up in the garden when I finally got my body back.

"Now I wish to take you to the infirmary to check on the baby," Phoenix said, breaking the silence, and the reminder of our baby made all blood leave my face.

The baby!

With all the stress and anxiety of being kidnapped, and then Brax getting hurt, I completely forgot I was pregnant... Fuck. I was such an awful mother! I wasn't used to being pregnant at all so it just flew past me.

I'm the first one to jump out of bed, panic written all over my face.

Brax groaned in my arms when I left the comfort of our bed.

"Sorry baby, but your sibling needs a check-up!"

Brax seemed to perk up at the mention of his sibling, and we rushed to the infirmary where we were met by the healer on duty. I was soon laid down on a bed so he could do the check-up.