35. Traitor

Phoenix:

"I want my men all over the kingdom searching for the scent you found in the human realm. That shifter is still out on the loose and is a threat to my son and I won't have it!" I roared. 

Deryl nods with his head, while the captain of my army slightly cowers, bowing his head in a submissive manner. He didn't have to because I wasn't angry at him. But his instincts pushed him to look submissive when his King was angry and thirsty for blood.

"Go now," I snap, needing time to calm down.

Deryl and the captain leave my office quickly, closing the door behind them.

Fuck. When Lilly told me where she found Brax, I sent my men over to inspect the area in search of anything. A scent, tracks, whatever. They found a male scent, and he was a dragon shifter, which meant he was probably from my kingdom. I had ordered my men to scout the area of the human realm, to follow his scent, but it had suddenly vanished a few miles away from where Brax's egg was hidden.

I was also told his scent was in other abandoned buildings, which means this wasn't random. This person was looking for a place he knew no one would concur. Unlucky for him and lucky for me, I have a curious and adventurous mate who happened to visit the place with some friends and found the room Brax was abandoned.

I thanked the Gods for being on my side, though it would have been better if Brax hadn't been kidnapped in the first place, but it took that for me to find Lilly, my mate, so... I really didn't know how to feel about it.

It was obvious that whoever took Brax, was aware he was back in the kingdom, and there was no instance he wasn't unsupervised. I won't rest until I have the culprit, and when that happens, he will wish he was never born. But above anything, I wanted to know why.

I knew I had many enemies, and in an attempt to weaken me, they tried to get rid of my heir. What I wanted to know as well is how he pulled it off. He clearly knew the inside job of security, how else was he able to know where the cameras were? What is the timing of each of my men's rotations?

No one close to me would dare to betray me, or so I thought. Clearly one was dumb enough to try. Whoever was have a death wish. No matter how long it might take me to find the person who took my son, I will find him, and he will regret ever going against me.

 No matter how long it might take me to find the person who took my son, I will find him, and he will regret ever going against me

Hanss:

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like, Hanss? I need to fix the situation you caused!" she snarls at me and turns around to the papers she had splattered over the dining room.

"It's been three weeks, nothing has happened to us. We can still be together, this doesn't need to keep us apart..."

"Ugh, shut up already, Hanss! I need to get rid of that little monster, now!"

My beast growls and I cringe at the way she is speaking about the hatchling.

"But... he is..."

She growled at me before I could finish the sentence. I bit my tongue, looking away. I didn't like the person she had become, but we have come a long way, I just couldn't throw all our relationship, and our struggles away like nothing, or else everything would have been for nothing. Then, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

"Is it something else, Karah? We've been able to be together fine with him now back at the kingdom, why does it need to change? Just let it be,"

"Just let it be?" she retorts, turning around to face me with a dark expression. "Just let it be?! Don't be a fucking idiot! I haven't done all this for nothing! I'll get rid of it, kill the king when he is mourning, and take the crown!"

And she starts babbling again... When she gets like this I can't talk with her. I turn around and leave the cottage. I still loved her, but I'm not doing anything else. She is on her own now. Even if I tried to help her, my beast have had enough of me. I can't risk him resigning as my beast, leaving me hollow.

 I can't risk him resigning as my beast, leaving me hollow

Phoenix:

"Your majesty!" Deryl entered my office slamming the door open, and I was about to growl at him for such disrespect until I saw his frantic expression. My alarm bells turn off and I stand up quickly.

"What is it?"

"You have a visitor and.."

"Who?" I cut him off impatiently.

"Is..."

"Phoenix. Long time no see"

That voice...

"Karah," I growled.

🐉🐉🐉

Okay, I know you are upset I robbed you, lol! Sorry!

Since this chapter was short, I'll post another one tomorrow! Can't wait to read what you think😁

Lots of love!