8 • Emotions

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Stella woke up to her alarm blazing an ear-piecing beeping sound. The brunette groaned as she went to go push the off button but the alarm fell on the floor and out of reach, still going off annoyingly. "Fucking bitch," the German cussed the electronic device as she reached under her, pulling the plug out of the extension board that sat tucked under her bed. "Vicky!!" Stella screamed at her closed door, waiting for a response as silence filled the apartment. "Vicky!" The girl once again called the blonde, hearing a small thud come through the wall before her door swung open.

"You're home? I thought you spent the night," Vicky winked at the girl and the German grimaced.

"I'm sick, I can't go to school today," Stella sniffled but her nose was fully blocked. Vicky frowned and walked into the girl's tidy room, reaching her hand out to touch the brunette's forehead.

"Christ, you're burning up," The blonde worried for the girl, "I'll get you something to take,"

Vicky gave her roommate cold and flu tablets as well as a glass of water and a piece of toast. The blonde had to rush around to get ready on time before Vicky scolded her for being late.

"Sorry I'm late, Miss," Vicky ran into English class as Miss Olsen sighed, giving the girl a small nod. Lizzie noticed there was no brunette dragging the girl along and gave Vicky a questioning look. Lizzie was dressed in a simple but elegant suit and her hair fell perfectly below her shoulders.

"Where is Miss Peryl?" Lizzie asked, watching a small 'sorry' smile form on the younger blonde's lips

"Stella is unwell," Vicky answered, taking her seat in the front since there was none left further back.

Lizzie instantly had a worried look on her face, but had to continue with the lecture as planned.

"And remember homework is due tomorrow, if you forget then you owe me time after class. Class dismissed," Lizzie finished just in time as the students started to pack their books up. The blonde stood near the door handing out copies of the assignment due tomorrow just in case some of them lost it. As Vicky went to walk past the woman, she grabbed the girl's upper arm and pulled her to stand next to her. Vicky stumbled next to the woman as she bidded her class goodbye.

The last student finally pooled out of the room with the rest and Lizzie closed the doors. "How sick is she?" The professor asked, walking over to her desk to start to pack up her papers.

"A high fever and very snotty, it's gross actually," Vicky grimaced, remembering the state she left Stella in.

"Are you going back to your apartment now?" Lizzie inquired, watching the girl shift uncomfortably with the weirdly casual conversation with her professor.