24 • Fishsticks

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

The pain pierced through Alley's chest like a thousand knives, each cut a reminder of her shattered dreams. As she gazed at the ruins of his once-thriving life, anger and determination ignited within her, fuelling her relentless pursuit of the truth.

Alley's eyes widened in disbelief, her voice catching in her throat. Mia reached forward, her hand gingerly opening the file to the first page, where Alley's full name appeared under the family listing. "What?" she whispered, her world shifting beneath her feet.

"What about the hidden power that lay dormant within her, waiting to be unleashed?" Stella questioned, eating a cheese puff off one of her fingers which was sitting like a ring.

"The hidden power within her was a force that held the key to her destiny," Lukas answered easily, keeping his eyes on the road as the two drove down a busy highway into Los Vegas.

"She possesses immense magical abilities that were initially dormant but were eventually unleashed, shaping her path and destiny within the Marvel storyline," Stella agreed, both siblings debating who was the strongest Avengers, naturally they chose Wanda Maximoff. Lukas was always a die hard marvel fan, but Stella was still new at it all.

"Put your feet down on the dash, please." Lukas sighed heavily, watch her sister roll her eyes, lowering her feet to the floor of the car.

"Such a mom," the brunette mumbled to herself. Lukas couldn't help a small amused smirk show on his lips at his sister's comment.

Lukas gripped the steering wheel tightly as their car sped along the vast expanse of Nevada's open roads. Beside him, Stella sat with a mix of anticipation and anxiety, her gaze fixed on the address provided by the adoption agency. It was their only lead, the elusive connection to Alley, the long-lost sister they sought to find.

The sun cast its golden hues across the rugged landscape, painting a picturesque scene that contrasted with the turmoil brewing within the hearts of the siblings. Lukas navigated the twists and turns, his determination propelling them forward, while Stella's mind raced with a whirlwind of emotions, her heart yearning for the reunion she had dreamt of for so long.

As they neared the address, the surroundings morphed into a rural oasis, with rolling hills and a sense of isolation. The anticipation grew thicker in the air, the weight of their mission evident in every beat of their hearts. Lukas parked the car near a quaint farmhouse, its weathered facade whispering stories of time gone by.

Taking a deep breath, Stella mustered her courage, her hand trembling slightly as she reached for the door handle. She stepped onto the dry Nevada soil, her boots making a faint crunching sound, while Lukas stood beside her, a pillar of support in her pursuit for answers.

Together, they approached the front door, their footsteps reverberating with a mixture of hope and trepidation. Stella raised her hand and knocked, each resounding thud echoing through the stillness of the desert surroundings. Time seemed to stretch infinitely, the moments between each heartbeat filled with anticipation.

The door swung open abruptly, revealing a young boy nibbling on a raw fish stick with reckless abandon. His tousled brown hair contrasted with his shirtless state, exuding an air of casual indifference. "Um, hi. My name is Stella. Does someone named Alley reside here?"

"Yup, I'm her little brother," he nodded nonchalantly, leaving the door ajar and proceeding to make his way back into the house. "Mia! We've got visitors!" he hollered throughout the dwelling, swiftly summoning a response from another girl.