32 • Its out.

In dedication to my raccoon obsessed child; Alley.

                ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Lizzie's phone chimed amidst the sun-drenched serenity of her garden, where she was gathering plump strawberries from their leafy nests. Embracing the warmth of the summer day, both women had slipped into a bikini, enticed by the idea of a refreshing dip in the sprawling pool nearby.

"Hey, love, could you grab that?" Lizzie's melodic voice rang out, her attention shifting from the strawberries to Stella, who was reclined on the pool's ledge. "Thanks."

Stella reached for the device resting on the outdoor table. Answering the call, she began a leisurely saunter towards Lizzie. "Hello?"

"Hi, this is Amanda, Ms. Olsen's publicity adviser. Could I please speak with her?" The voice on the other end carried a balance of firmness and friendliness. Stella brought the phone closer to her ear and positioned it by Lizzie's ear, understanding that the blonde's hands were tooiled with soil.

"Hello," Lizzie responded, her brows furrowing as she listened intently to the voice on the line. "What?!" The blonde's initial confusion escalated into panic, and her gaze darted from the phone to Stella. "Uh-huh, alright. Yeah, okay. Thanks, bye."

Stella, her concern deepening, hit the end call button. Observing Lizzie close her eyes and draw a deep breath, she could tell the situation was far from simple.

"Hey, what's going on, Mein Süßer?" Stella inquired, stepping closer to Lizzie. She squatted down beside the blonde, placing a steadying hand on Lizzie's thigh. "You can tell me."

Lizzie resumed her task of plucking strawberries, her voice laced with tension. "A magazine company contacted my team for an official statement before they publish some front-page photos in tomorrow's newspapers."

Stella's brow furrowed in bewilderment. "And why does that have you so on edge?"

As Lizzie's phone emitted a notification sound, she glanced at the screen. Stella leaned in for a better view of the message. Lizzie's gasp prompted Stella's curiosity, and her frown deepened as she studied the image displayed on the phone. It depicted Lizzie and Stella sharing a kiss in the grocery store, accompanied by a headline that read, 'Robbie Arnett? Who's he?' Smaller photos showcased them holding hands, with their faces clearly visible. The caption beneath it declared, 'Elizabeth Olsen forgets marriage of 5 years in just a month as she holds unknown woman's hand in store.'

"I'm sorry," Lizzie murmured, tossing her phone aside in a mix of frustration and disbelief. She sought refuge in Stella's embrace, leaning against her for support.

Stella's cheek brushed against Lizzie's hair as she absorbed the gravity of the situation. "Me too," Stella offered empathetically, allowing Lizzie to find solace in her presence. The weight of the circumstances was palpable.

"I might need to visit my parents before this erupts... tomorrow, you said?" Stella's voice held a mixture of concern and determination.

Lizzie nodded, her worry evident in her gaze. "Yeah."
She attempted to lighten the mood. "Well, you could always invite your mom here. I'll just hide upstairs when she arrives."

Stella mustered a weak chuckle. "Not a chance. You're sticking right by my side."

Lizzie's response was resolute. "Absolutely. Now, let's head inside. Give your mom a call, and you can join me in the shade. It's getting pretty toasty out here."

"Sounds like a plan," Stella agreed, leaning in to capture a brief, reassuring kiss from Lizzie.

"Love you." Lizzie whispered, a wide smile playing on her soft pink lips.