41 • Back to Brown

In life we stumble, we slip, we fall.
Into the abyss, a daunting, endless sprawl.
The ground gives way, as we lose our grip.
Uncertainty engulfs, a sinking, endless trip.

The journey down is dark and steep,
A path where promises are hard to keep.
We question if we'll ever rise again,
From this abyss of doubt and pain.

But in the depths, we find our strength,
A resilience that goes to incredible length.
For in the fall, we learn to rise,
To reach for hope 'neath somber skies.

Though we may not see the end in sight,
The dawn will break, dispelling the night.
With each fall, we gain a newfound grace,
And rise again, to find our place.

                ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Stella sat across from her girlfriend, her eyes dancing with admiration as she observed the grace with which Lizzie took a sip of her wine. The ambience was perfect, enveloping them in soft classical music and punctuated by the elegant sounds of utensils on fine china.

Lizzie wore a loose-fitting black suit that draped her petite frame exquisitely. It was a piece of elegance that mirrored the atmosphere of the upscale restaurant. Lizzie's now brown hair was twisted up into a neat bun, with two pieces of her fringe pulled out to frame her high cheekbones.

Stella herself was dressed in a form-fitting red satin dress, accentuating her well-proportioned figure. The German's ombre brown to blonde hair was curled to bounce just below her shoulder blades.

Lizzie's emerald green eyes bore into Stella's hazelnut-brown ones, a playful smirk tugging at her lips. "Do you like it?" she asked, resting her chin on her hand, seemingly lost in the depths of her partner's gaze.

Stella couldn't help but smile, casting her gaze around the restaurant, appreciating the exquisite décor. "It's perfect," she sighed, feeling overwhelmed with the love and appreciation for the thought Lizzie had put into this evening.

"Good," Lizzie purred, leaning back in her chair. She pulled a small jewellery box from her suit jacket and set it on the white tablecloth before Stella. "Open it," she cooed, pushing it gently toward her.

Stella's heart raced as she contemplated what the box might hold. She felt both excitement and trepidation as she gingerly opened the lid. Her fingertips brushed against diamonds, and her eyes welled up with emotion. "Elizabeth," she breathed, her voice trembling. Tears glistened in her eyes as she met Lizzie's adoring gaze, god what had she done to deserve a woman like this?

Lizzie's smile warmed as Stella marvelled at the diamond star and moon necklace she had just presented. "Stell, I chose this for you because stars and moons have such beautiful meanings. Stars are symbols of hope and dreams. They light up the darkest nights and guide us. Just like you, my star, you light up my life and guide me. The moon, on the other hand, signifies love, protection, and nurturing. And with your name being Stella, it's almost poetic that a star is your symbol. And of course, our beloved Luna is like our little moon, watching over us with her bright spirit."

Lizzie's eyes twinkled as she leaned in closer to Stella, her voice a soft, affectionate murmur. "This necklace is a reminder of the incredible love I have for you and the light you bring into my life, my beautiful star."

"