33 • Between Sisters and Sweethearts

To my favourite diabetic; Mia. 😉😘

                ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

After swimming in the pool, Stella decided to take a shower. The warm water cascaded over her, saturating her hair until it hung heavily around her shoulders. She wrapped herself in an oversized shirt and snug bike shorts, a comfortable choice for a laid-back day.

Meanwhile, Lizzie donned her favorite plain orange summer dress, a piece that always made her feel cheerful. She sighed, feeling the stress of the day. Stella, considering Lizzie's feelings, relocated her insulin pump to her forearm. The thoughtful brunette then took charge of dinner preparation, determined to ease some of Lizzie's burdens.

As Stella worked in the kitchen, Lizzie's phone buzzed relentlessly with notifications. Comments, posts, and tags flooded in, all related to the conspiracy theories concocted by fans and paparazzi. With a weary expression, she scrolled through the comments section of one of her recent posts, where a plethora of opinions clashed in the online chatter.

 With a weary expression, she scrolled through the comments section of one of her recent posts, where a plethora of opinions clashed in the online chatter

"These comments are brutal," Lizzie sighed heavily, slumping on the couch while Stella continued to work her culinary magic in the kitchen.

Stella, stirring a pot of soup, glanced over and asked with a hint of hope, "They can't be that bad, can they?"

Lizzie began to read out some of the comments aloud, her voice tinged with frustration and sadness. "'What happened with Robbie, though?' 'Wait, who's Stella? Spill the tea, Lizzie!' 'You've always been a role model, Lizzie. Keep shining your light.' 'I bet this won't last. Just wait and see.' 'Is this real or just a phase? This is disgusting! You're ruining the sanctity of marriage.' 'Robbie deserves better than this betrayal.' 'Lizzie, your love life could give Hollywood a run for its money!' 'I can't support this. Unfollowing now.'" She sighed as she finished, realizing that this was just the tip of the iceberg.

Stella absorbed the various comments, from supportive to downright mean, and then asked, "Oh... so what do we do?"

Lizzie shared her publicist's advice, "My publicist told me to go live or post something clearing the air, and denying everything Robbie said. But I'm not going to lie, and I won't pretend you don't exist either."

Stella had a different idea. "How about instead of lying and hiding... we tell the truth?"

Lizzie contemplated this, concerned for Stella's readiness to be thrust into the public eye. "Do you want to do that? You would have to show your face, I would probably need to get an interview to explain everything. We would need to go fully public about our relationship. Are- are you sure you're ready for that?"

Stella smiled warmly, leaned in, and planted a gentle kiss on Lizzie's lips. "They know who I am already; they are all stalking my Instagram as we speak. There's nothing to go public about, other than confirming allegations already made."