22 • Double, Double, Toil and Trouble

A/N: Yes, I just quoted Shakespeare. Get over it.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

"Lizzie!" Stella exclaimed, her voice echoing through the grand staircase as she ascended to Lizzie's opulent abode.

The sound of Stella's voice reached Lizzie's ears, prompting her to respond in a playful tone, "Stella!"

Yearning for assistance, Stella entered Lizzie's bedroom, where the blonde sat comfortably against the headboard of her bed, engrossed in her phone. Lizzie had been exchanging text messages with her sisters, who had recently arrived to prepare for an upcoming fashion show.

"Could you please come with me for dress shopping? I'm completely clueless about what to get!" Stella whined, flopping onto the bed with a starfish-like sprawl.

Lizzie, setting her phone down on her lap, chuckled and inquired, "For grad?"

"Yes, Vicky is busy, and she knows how hopeless I am when it comes to fashion," Stella replied, her frustrations evident.

"Hate to break it to you, but I'm in the same boat," Lizzie chuckled, causing Stella to emit a loud huff. "My sisters were always the ones who dressed me up. I'm sorry, baby."

"Well, can I get their help then? I'm desperate!" Stella sat up, assuming a cross-legged position while Lizzie smirked mischievously at her. Confused, Stella asked, "What?"

Lizzie queried, "You want to meet my sisters?" Stella suddenly realized what she had inadvertently suggested.

"Well, um, yeah?" the brunette replied, observing Lizzie's lips moisten as she picked up her phone once again. Stella asked, puzzled, "Aren't they in New York?"

Lizzie chuckled to herself and nodded toward the door, gesturing for Stella to get in the car. While Stella contemplated protesting, she changed her mind and exited the room, overhearing Lizzie engaging in a conversation on her phone.

Descending the stairs, Stella donned her shoes and fetched Lizzie's car keys from the side table adjacent to the front door. She made her way to the garage, relishing the opportunity to drive Lizzie's technologically advanced Tesla.

A few minutes later, Stella observed Lizzie disconnecting the car from its charging port through the passenger side mirror. With a cheeky smile, Lizzie slipped into the driver's seat and effortlessly opened the garage door using a button on her sun visor. She initiated the car's engine with a push of a button, simultaneously opening the sunroof and donning a pair of sunglasses. "Ready?"

Curiously, Stella inquired, "Ready for what?"

"Dress shopping, of course," Lizzie responded, surprise etched across Stella's face.

"But aren't there celebrity protocols against that?" Stella suddenly remembered that Lizzie was quite a prominent figure to strangers.

"Meh, my baby is in distress. I'm sure I can handle it," Lizzie shrugged, pulling out of her driveway and cruising down the street. A wide grin adorned Stella's face as she attempted to conceal her blush by turning away to gaze out the window. At the next red light, Lizzie opened both their windows, reveling in the perfect, sun-drenched day with its gentle breeze and clear skies.

"So, what are you envisioning?" Lizzie inquired, as she parked the car near a Starbucks.

"Maybe a lovely shade of blue or a light green. I'm uncertain about the skirt length," Stella replied, visualizing her ideal dress.

"I mean, what is your order?" The blonde woman smirked to herself, her car gliding up to the speaker to place their order.

"Oh... An Iced White Chocolate Mocha, please," the brunette responded. Lizzie nodded kindly, repeating the brunette's order, and treated herself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte.